List of UniverseEdit
- We sure could, Timmy, we sure could. Loser.
- --Roygbiv666 03:44, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
some of these Earth designations already exist, albeit as redirects. I'd suggest either keeping the original entries and adding a "52 Multiverse" section (or whatever this gets called), or making sure that anything "Pre-Crisis" remains spelled out if less than 52 and these new ones all use numerical designations. Roygbiv666 12:06, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- Is there a way to make a separate page listing the Universes, or another Table of Contents type function, so that the list can be hidden? Roygbiv666 21:45, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- The way to hide the ToC is to use the code __NOTOC__ anywhere on the page.
- In order to simply move the ToC to somewhere you prefer is to insert the code __TOC__ to the line where you want the ToC to begin.
- Is that what you meant?
- --Jamie 23:27, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I just meant that having a long list of Universes, in this case, could be a boring visual - I was wondering if maybe they can be put into a list or something that can also be hidden/unhidden from view. Roygbiv666 00:35, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
Redundant realities (naming convention) Edit
Having just read the Grant Morrison quote from the article, I see some potential future problems developing: What to do with realities that share a name? (Earth-Two vs. Earth-2, etc.) I don't really see any problems with dimensions such as Earth-23 or Earth-50, but some of the more widely used ones, Earth-2, Earth-3, Earth-X etc. could possibly create a lot of confusion if mishandled. It's clear now that the Earth-2 reality glimpsed in 52 Week Fifty-Two is not the same dimension as classic Pre-Crisis Earth-Two.
So the options appear to be:
- Create a separate page for Earth-2, which includes ONLY information relating to the Post-52 reality, or...
- Create a section header under Earth-Two and insert all relevant information there.
Personally, I opt for the latter choice, but I would like to hear what others think.
Opinions? --Brian Kurtz 18:34, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- To be a geek, "Earth-Two" and "Earth-2" are two separate things. We should probably leave anything from the Pre-Crisis days alone, make sure it goes to "Earth-Two" or "Earth-Three" or whatever, and the new 52 Multiverse go to "Earth-2" or "Earth-3". I'd already updated some badly named links, and can correct any remaining ones as we learn more about these "new" earths.
- -Roygbiv666 19:26, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- I agree. Sounds good. --Brian Kurtz 20:30, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- At this point I concur section headers until there is specific and deliberate settling on Earth-3 etc because at present all we have is what has bee n released in 52 issue 52. And knowing Didio we will probably be seeing "Earth-Three" also used for the home of the new matter based hair receding Ultraman. Then again, he made sure the artists who did Kal-L in that two page mess in 52 issue 36 got the right SIX sided S for him and not that wrong thing used in Infinite Crisis. Reminds me I gotta go find a large scale pic of Kal with the six side S for his entry. Maybe the moon shot from the 1940s? Too old? -- Kal_l_fan 13:02, 05 Jun 2007
New Crime SyndicateEdit
See Footnote 15 (Geoff Johns sidebar in Wizard Magazine #189:"A world full of evil dopplegangers of Earth-2. I'd wager they have an annual team-up with the Anti-Matter Earth's Crime Syndicate as the Justice Society had a team-up with the Justice League back in the day." ) - is that a typo, or does he mean the new Syndicate are parallels to the new Earth-2?
- --Roygbiv666 14:23, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- The Earth designation of Grant Morrison's JLA: Earth 2 is an informal one and, in my opinion, is not to be taken literally as it was simply mentioned in passing during the story. To be specific, it is New Earth that is called Earth 2 by the Crime Syndidate. These things are all a matter of perspective.--RedKnight 14:20, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
The Post-52 Earth-3 is inhabited by the Crime Society, i.e. an evil parallel of Earth-2's Justice Society, not the Crime Syndicate... - Gnostic 01:41, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Earth-1 or New Earth?Edit
Is there a difference? Do we have 52 universes, or 53? Chadlupkes 23:45, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- We have 52 Universes. New Earth is the main one that 99.99999999% of DC stories take place in. Earth-1 has yet to be revealed, although currently the link redirects to the old, Pre-Crisis Earth-One.
- --Roygbiv666 23:47, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Could this be broken down?Edit
Any chance we could break this article up into multiple articles? It's getting a bit large... - Gnostic 21:57, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- I guess, provided we maintain a disambig page called "Multiverse" and we update all of the links first. Anyone else?
- Roygbiv666 00:14, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm. Not sure. I suppose at some point it might have to be broken down. I wouldn't recommend anything just yet though. Rumors tell of the coming of a Megaverse during Final Crisis. We might want to hold off on any major revisions until after the Final Crisis dust settles. --Brian Kurtz 12:14, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
Ugh. It should probably be a Reality template. It is an "in-universe" thing, so it's not really a Concept, per se (I view "Concepts" as real world terms, no "in-universe" ones). Wait, what is it now?
- Roygbiv666 02:43, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- OK, it's currently a Location. MDP just has an untemplated page. Let's build a consensus before we fiddle with anything - I kinda have put a lot of time into the article and have a sentimental attachment to it :-).
- Roygbiv666 02:45, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Oh, I love the article also. It's very nice, I'm not advocating a change, just suggesting one. I'm fine either way, I just thought I would bring it up.
Merge from Megaverse Edit
Well, it doesn't look like Morrison's hopes have been realized, and since that's pretty much the sum of that article, it should probably be redirected here until something else comes along. The Paradox 05:36, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- I agree.
- Roygbiv666 12:58, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I didn't know, that DC has its own multiverse, but it's poor multiverse, look at that.
- DC has had a multiverse (an infinite multiverse) from the 1960s to the epic Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now they've decided to limit it to just 52. Check it out and enjoy.
- 22:41, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I would enjoy, if comics will be released in my native language, but I enjoyed Y: The Last Man.
Dividing Up New EarthEdit
I was just thinking whether New Earth should simply remain as New Earth throughout all its changes from Crisis On Infinite Earths onward or should be segregated into like Phase I reality (Post-COIE, Pre-Zero Hour), Phase II (Post-Zero Hour, Pre-Infinite Crisis), and Phase III (Post-Infinite Crisis) or something along those lines. (VicGeorge2K9 22:46, 25 June 2009 (UTC))
- We could have sections for each of the different "timelines"(?). A quick paragraph on each with a link to the main articles would work. Maybe run it by Brian Kurtz.
- 23:57, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Do we have any citations for these:
- Earth-Fourteen: Jack Kirby's Fourth World.
- Earth-276: The Home Universe of Captain Thunder.
- Earth-9602: World created by the merging of the Marvel Universe and the DC Universe.
I've never seen any source for them.
I may be wrong but isn't the formula for these new earths something like:
52 =New Earth-Mr. Mind's apatite (x Monitors influence)+ (preexisting story/ authors influence)
Messed up formatting Edit
Is anyone else getting a huge space to the right on this page? I can't find anything in the article that's causing it, so I'm asking to see if anyone else knows how to fix it. The other pages on this wiki work fine, it's just this one that I get a big horizontal scrollbar... Glomulus 01:37, October 7, 2010 (UTC)