Tannarak was born a century ago, in England but lived his childhood in Egypt. He and his friend Dianna once stole fruit from a stall. The fruit merchant caught and punished the boy, leaving him near a cadaver. From that moment Tannarak was obsessed with death, and tried every means to prevent his own.
Tannarak sought to master the art of alchemy. He used his alchemical powers to eliminate the factor of aging of his body and trap it in a statue. However, in order to survive, he is forced to steal the essences of others.
- Immortality: Tannarak is immortal and will not age beyond his current physical state. However, in order to maintain his static age, he must continually absorb the life essences of others.
Tannarak traditionally wielded a walking cane which included a concealed sword blade.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 24 Appearances of Tannarak (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Tannarak (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Tannarak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tannarak (New Earth)
- Tannarak at dccomics.com
- Tannarak at Wikipedia.org
- Tannarak at DCU Guide
- DC Universe: Who's Who
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XXIII