Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Tannarak was a powerful sorcerer who, together with three other magicians, formed the Cult of the Cold Flame in order to form an army of magic-wielding followers. Attempting to gain magical domination, Tannarak and his allies became the targets of John Constantine. Tannarak, in retaliation, discovered the location of Constantine's stash of magical artifacts and absorbed their power for the Cult.
Tricking one of the other leaders of the Cold Flame into getting killed by Constantine, Tannarak and Sargon the Sorceress absorbed their fallen former friend's magical essence, further making themselves stronger to one day fight Constantine again. 
- Tannarak was created by Gerry Conway and Jim Aparo, first appearing in Phantom Stranger (Volume 2) #10. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Tannarak first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Constantine #1 by Jeff Lemire, Ray Fawkes, and Renato Guedes.
- 10 Appearances of Tannarak (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Tannarak (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Tannarak (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tannarak (Prime Earth)