Taren is a six inch alien from the planet Katarth. He and his people crashed on Earth in the Amazon rain forest. He was the lover of Princess Laethwen and also the leader of the rebels set to overthrow her father, King Caellich. The king's adviser Deraegis blinds him in an effort to seed dissent among the people for the ruler. Knowing that his blindness will put his fellow tribesmen at risk, Taren commits suicide by jumping into a swarm of ants. Before he does this, however, he befriends the Atom and makes him the new leader of his rebels.
- Swordsmanship: Like most members of his race, he was educated in the use of a longsword which he could wield in battle with great skill.
- Blindness: In an attempt to sway public opinion against Caellich, Deraegis had Taren's eyes removed and blamed it on the king's ruthlessness.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 3 Appearances of Taren (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Taren (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Taren (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Taren (New Earth)