Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tasmia Mallor, alias Shadow Lass was a leading member of the Legion of Super-Heroes. She hales from the planet Talok VIII and has the power to project shadow and darkness. Like all Talokites, she has blue skin and pointed ears and was adapted to the harsh desert terrain of her planet.
When worshippers of the god Makkas the Hill dwelling Yakka-Mahor encircled the enlightened city where most Talokites live, the citizens had no way of defending the city. They people searched the city to find the descendant of the the last Shadow Champion, Sarven Mallor. Using a compass that was supposed to point to the shadow cave, she slipped out of the city and made it to the cave, where she found her cousin Grev Mallor who was raised in the wilderness away from the city. The two scared children entered the cave, where they were enveloped by the shadows, and empowered with the hereditary ability of their ancestors. Tasmia became Shadow Lass, champion of Talok VIII, and drove the Yakka-Mahor back using her powers to manipulate the shadows and darkness. For the next few years she defended Talok City as the Shadow Champion 
Shadow Lass joined the Legion of Super-Heroes after her homeworld was invaded by the Fatal Five. She helped the Legion to defeat them. Her cousin Grev, who also wielded the shadow power thanks to his bloodline, went on to join the Legion Academy as Shadow Kid, though aware that he could never join the team while she was an active member (Due to the LSH rules regarding duplication of powers), he hoped to be better prepared to protect Talok in Tasmia's absence. 
She became romantically involved with Mon-El and eventually married him after he was mortally wounded fighting the Time Trapper as part of the conspiracy to avenge Superboy's death at the Trapper's hands. 
Their marriage was rocky for many years despite their strong feelings for each other, and Tasmia went into mourning when Gand died. The mourning was temporary, as he returned to her, inhabited briefly by the Time Trapper's essence, until a cataclysmic battle erased the Trapper from existence and completely rewrote reality.
Recently Shadow Lass appeared to have broken up with Mon-El, with no reason truly given. Phantom Girl later caught Tasmia in bed with the reformed xenophobe Earth-Man. When Tasmia found out that Mon-El was chosen to be a Green Lantern, she felt a bit uneasy about it. However Mon-El told her that even though his part of the Corp, the Legion and Earth will always be his family.
- Talokite Physiology: As a non-terrestrial being, a Talokite's body chemistry is different from that of a normal human, providing them with different physical attributes, such as the ability to exist in the vacuum of space longer than a normal human.
- Darkness Manipulation: She can cast dark-fields preventing all light from reaching an area from outside. These can either be complete, effectively rendering useless all light sources within the area, or hollow to allow the interior to be lit. She can also solidify these fields, to use as a more direct weapon. Shadow Lass has the power to create darkness 100 times darker than a moonless night. Her black shadows are impenetrable by light.
- Shadow-Sight: She has shadow-sensitive eyes that give her the ability to see in darkness. She can draw strength from the slightest shadow or dark corner. She can also build up her power by wrapping her face in the folds of her cape and shielding her eyes from glare. As she expands her shadow nearer to light sources the pressure becomes greater, her mind feeling like it's on fire.
- This version of Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour) is no longer considered part of canon continuity. All history and corresponding appearances of Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour) were erased from continuity following the events of the 1994 limited series Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.
- 235 Appearances of Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 14 Images featuring Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 5 Quotations by or about Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Tasmia Mallor (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Shadow Lass at dccomics.com
- Shadow Lass at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe: Shadow Lass
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Shadow Lass. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
Legion of Super-Heroes member