Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- I am not leaving until the Daggers are destroyed. My husband seeks audience with them all.
- -- Katana src
Katana was asked by Black Canary to join the Birds of Prey. She was also recommended by Barbara Gordon together with Starling and Poison Ivy, who joins the team even though Katana wasn't very happy about it. The team finds out that, on a train, three people have bombs in their heads. The four of them go on to the train and stop it, after learning that Black Canary also had a bomb in her head.
After the bombs are removed, they learn where the person who has been doing this is and, with the help of Batgirl, they break into the building, only to get sent outside again with no memory of what happened and without Batgirl.
Her primary weapon is her sword, "Soultaker," which is said to capture the souls of anyone killed by it, including her husband. Katana sometimes begins conversing with her husband, initially confusing those around her.
- Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro) was created by Mike Barr and Jim Aparo, first appearing in Brave and the Bold Vol 1. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Duane Swierczynski and Jesus Saiz's New 52 Birds of Prey series.
- Tatsu Toro (Prime Earth) appears as Katana (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- 109 Appearances of Tatsu Toro (Prime Earth)
- 79 Images featuring Tatsu Toro (Prime Earth)
- 9 Quotations by or about Tatsu Toro (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tatsu Toro (Prime Earth)
Birds of Prey member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.
Suicide Squad member