Ted Grant was a one time famous boxer and he maintained a costumed crime fighting identity as Wildcat, however not much else regarding his past is known.
Ted Grant had retired from boxing and was living in obscurity, living the poor life out of a Gotham City flop house until he was hired by Bruce Wayne to help coach his team participating in the World Youth games in Austria. This encounter revived Ted's sense of self worth and led to a revival of his career as Wildcat. As a result of his return, Wildcat teamed-up with Batman in several occasions. During one of these team-ups, Wildcat was forced to fight Batman, as the Joker blackmailed them with destroying the only available antidote to save an entire prison, which had been poisoned by the madman. Eventually the heroes retrieved the antidote and captured the Joker.
On his last team-up with the Dark Knight, Wildcat stopped an illegal immigrant smuggling racket and afterwards, he retired and worked as the sole owner of a spa in the Caribbean.
- The past and origins of Ted Grant of Earth-One are unknown, however it is entirely possible that they mirror closely to his Earth-Two counterpart.
- This version of Ted Grant (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 6 Appearances of Ted Grant (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Ted Grant (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ted Grant (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ted Grant (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: