Very little is known about Ted Grant early life. In his youth, he became a professional boxer, eventually at some point earning the title of "Heavy Weight Champion". Using his fighting talents, he later became the costumed mystery man, known as "Wildcat" and a member of the Justice Society of America. Despite his duties as a member of the JSA he continued his career as a boxer, even opening his own gym.
Ted's heroic career ended when he along with his fellow JSA members were all framed by a government agency and arrested. However, he was never convicted due to a lack of evidence and was eventually released, together with the rest of his teammates. Unfortunately, their arrests led to the JSA dismantling and each of them going into retirement.
In season nine black and white footage of Ted was found, along with his criminal record by Clark Kent and Chloe Sullivan. Chloe recognized Ted as a heavyweight champion (suggesting, Ted Grant continued his boxing career, after having retired as Wildcat). Later, Ted's boxing gloves were shown in a display case, in the JSA Brownstone. Following the defeat of Icicle, Carter Hall mentioned that he has tracked down Ted.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Ted Grant/Wildcat. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Irwin Hasen and first appeared in Sensation Comics #1.
- Ted Grant was played by Roger Haskett. It was a non-speaking role.
- 1 Appearances of Ted Grant (Smallville)
- 3 Images featuring Ted Grant (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Ted Grant (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Ted Grant (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Justice Society of America member