"Superboy and the Legion (Part II of II)": The Teen Titans have joined their ally Superboy in the 31st century and now fight alongside the Legion of Super-Heroes to protect Legion World from the Fatal Five-Hundred. Persuader of the original Fatal Five has disc
- What is this, your secret headquarters? We're retreating inside a building shaped like a giant initial. No sir, they'll never look for us here.
- -- Beast Boy
Appearing in "Superboy and the Legion (Part II of II)"
- Teen Titans
- Legion of Super-Heroes II (Final appearance)
- Titans Tomorrow (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Superboy and the Legion (Part II of II)"
The Teen Titans have joined their ally Superboy in the 31st century and now fight alongside the Legion of Super-Heroes to protect Legion World from the Fatal Five-Hundred. Persuader of the original Fatal Five has discovered that his atomic axe, known to cleave through any substance, can also cut through the cosmic barrier between parallel worlds. He has been recruiting the parallel counterparts to his teammates in the Fatal Five, and now commands hundreds of Emerald Emperesses, Manos, Tharoks and Validuses at his side.
The Titans and the Legion wage a brutal battle against their foes, but they are ruthlessly outnumbered. Raven uses her soul-self to transport everybody off the ruins of Legion World and back to Legion headquarters on Earth.
Brainiac 5 comes up with a plan to return all of the parallel duplicates back to their respective realities. By bouncing vibrational signals off of Legion headquarters and the remains of Legion World, they can reset the molecular frequencies of the Fatal Five-Hundred, returning them home. In order to generate enough vibrational power, Kid Flash and XS are required to run at top speed on the Cosmic Treadmill.
While Kid Flash and XS begin racing on the Treadmill, the Fatal Five-Hundred arrives and attacks Legion Headquarters. Brainiac, Gear and Invisible Kid keep an eye on the resonator, while the rest of the Legion and the Teen Titans battle the villains. As the speedsters reach maximum velocity, Brainiac activates the device. The vibrational frequencies begins to send the Fatal Five doppelgangers home, but the energy expulsion generated from the destruction of each of the Persuaders atomic axes is severing the Legion's connection to the space/time continnuum. Superboy grabs the Atomic Axe of the last remaining Persuader and encases it within his tactile telekinesis field. The Titans attempt to use the Atomic Axe as a beacon to send them back to their own timeline, but Persuader fights against them. A dimensional rift opens and the Titans are pulled into the timestream.
They arrive back on Earth in the 21st Century. However, they are not in their correct timeline. It is the year 2014 and the Titans of this era are now the most powerful super-beings on Earth.
Appearing in "Teenage Wonderland"
- Lyle Norg (First appearance)
- Prime Legion (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Teenage Wonderland"
Young Lyle Norg is a fan of pop-culture, specifically the Legion of Super-Heroes. His parents never understood their son's peculiar eccentricities, and his father refuses to indulge Lyle's whimsical daydreams. The two get into an argument, and Lyle's father violently expresses his displeasure over Lyle's behavior.
Lyle decides that he no longer wishes to live such a lifestyle. He steps out onto the balcony of his family's penthouse and leaps to his doom. As luck would have it, the Legion of Super-Heroes fly by and scoop Lyle up. Before long, Lyle Norg will become one of their numbers under the alias of the Invisible Kid.
- This book was first published on September 29, 2004.
- This issue is reprinted in Teen Titans: The Future is Now trade paperback.
- The Teen Titans appeared last in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #16. They will appear next in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #17.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes II appeared last in The Legion #38. Although they make a cameo in Infinite Crisis #6, their next full appearance won't be until Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #2.
- This is the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes III. They will appear next in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5) #1.
- Doctor Light (Arthur Light), Nightwing, Speedy (Mia Dearden) and Starfire appear in a cameo sequence of future events. The events from this vision chronologically take place in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #22-25.
- Brainiac 5 consistently calls Kid Flash, "Koko", in this issue. Koko was the name of Brainiac 5's pet monkey, which indicates approximately how highly he regards Bart Allen.
- In the second story, an alien parent rips up a Legion of Super-Heroes comic book. It is the cover to Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #0.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans/Legion Special Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Teen Titans/Legion Special Vol 1 1
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Titans Tower Complete Guide
- Teen Titans at Wikipedia.org
- Teen Titans at Hyperborea
- Teen Titans at Toonopedia