- I'll disarm them all right! I'll disarm them -- by ripping their arms right out of their sockets!
- -- Risk
Appearing in "The Lost Junction Massacre"
- Ezra Johnson
- Joseph Verheim
- Caleb Driscoll (As a spirit) (flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "The Lost Junction Massacre"
The T-Jet crashes in the forests of Lost Junction, Canada. As the Titans emerge, they encounter a group of locals who, alarmed by their appearance, opens fire on them. Once things calm down, the locals apologize and invites them into town for a hot meal. The Titans meet an elderly woman named Polly who insists on feeding them her special soup. Joto is reluctant to trust these people and he feels like he's been trapped in a horror movie.
That evening, Ray, Isaiah, Cody and Toni retire to their guest rooms at Polly's boarding house. Prysm is alerted by something in the woods and goes off to investigate. The other Titans experience bizarre visions and they begin to feel violently ill.
Ray, Isaiah and Toni decide to sneak off in the middle of the night. They break into the hall of records and begin researching the history of Lost Junction. They discover that the town was settled back in 1862 by Caleb Driscoll, Cody's great grandfather. In the winter of that year, the settlers' camp was snowed in and they were completely cut off from the outside world. To survive, they turned to cannibalism.
While the others are learning more about the town, Cody awakens at the boarding house and unveils some more mysteries. After witnessing his hostess Miss Polly shoving a cat into a blender, he learns to his horror that his friends and he were forced to eat cat soup! Even worse is the fact that Polly is an immortal witch and one of the original Lost Junction settlers. She recognizes Cody's surname and takes delight in knowing that her people will soon be able to dine upon the flesh of another Driscoll.
Cody escapes from the boarding house and meets back up with the other Titans. Polly and the rest of the community, who are in fact the original cannibal settlers, manage to capture them. Polly casts a spell that renders the Titans powerless and she prepares a mystical incantation. They believe that consuming the flesh of super beings will extend their already prodigious lifelines even further.
Meanwhile, Prysm is still out in the woods investigating the strange sensations she experienced earlier. She comes upon the spirit of Caleb Driscoll. Prysm's Psychic Link with the other Titans alerts her to the danger and the spirit and she return to the town. Prysm frees the Titans and the teens fight back against their hungry persecutors. The spirit of Caleb Driscoll ignites a fire in the barn that brings the entire building down upon the townspeople, allegedly killing them. The Titans manage to escape and get back to the T-Jet.
- This issue is part of 1997's "Pulp Heroes" theme Annuals.
- This issue is divided into three chapters:
- Part I: The Dark Eye of the Storm
- Part II: Cat's Cradle
- Part III: Ask Not For Whom the Dinner Bells Tolls...
- The events from this issue take place between Teen Titans (Volume 2) #11 and Teen Titans (Volume 2) #12.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Annual Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans Annual series
- Images from Teen Titans Annual Vol 2 1
Links and References
- Teen Titans at Wikipedia
- Teen Titans at Titans Tower
- Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at DCU Guide
- Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|Pulp Heroes Annual |