"The Titans Kill a Saint?": At a discotheque in their civilian identities, the Teen Titans encounter Lilith, a mysterious telepath-precognitive who uncovers their super-hero selves and warns them that "tonight the Titans will open the door for death." Ignoring the cryptic prediction, the Titans
Appearing in "The Titans Kill a Saint?"
- Loren Jupiter (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Titans Kill a Saint?"
At a discotheque in their civilian identities, the Teen Titans encounter Lilith, a mysterious telepath-precognitive who uncovers their super-hero selves and warns them that "tonight the Titans will open the door for death." Ignoring the cryptic prediction, the Titans soon find themselves involved in preventing a riot at a peace rally, fighting side-by-side with the Hawk and the Dove. In the midst of the action, while struggling with a gun-wielding protester, Hawk, Dove, and the Titans (with the exception of Robin, who has gone to alert the police) all have a hand on the weapon that discharges and kills world-famous philanthropist Dr. Arthur Swenson. After being reprimanded for their part in the killing by their Justice League mentors, the young heroes are recruited, through Lilith, by Mr. Jupiter, one of the world's richest men and the financier of a secret government-sponsored training project for teenagers. Robin declines Mr. Jupiter's offer in order to pursue his own career and attend college, but Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Hawk, and Dove, together with Lilith, become students in the new program, forsaking their costumes and super-powers for the duration.
- This book was first published on November 18, 1969.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Teen Titans Vol. 2 and Teen Titans: A Celebration of 50 Years.
- This issue is indexed in The Official Teen Titans Index #2.
- Robin takes a leave of absence from the team in this issue. He begins working on several solo adventures which are featured as back-up stories in the pages of Detective Comics beginning with issue Detective Comics #394. He returns to active status as a Teen Titan in Teen Titans #35.
- Hawk and Dove joins the Teen Titans with this issue. They appeared last in Hawk and Dove #6.
- First appearance of Lilith Clay. Lilith joins the Teen Titans and becomes a regularly featured character throughout the remainder of the series run. She makes a chronologically earlier appearance in the second story in Teen Titans #43.
- First appearance of Loren Jupiter. Loren appears next in Teen Titans #26.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 1 25 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
Links and References
- Titans Tower Complete Guide
- Teen Titans at Wikipedia.org
- Teen Titans at Hyperborea
- Teen Titans at Toonopedia