"Titans Around the World (Part II of IV)": The Teen Titans are on the trail of Raven. Having exhausted all normal means of tracking her, they rely upon former members of the interim Titans roster. They stop in Tokyo, Japan where they find young Zachar
- Can I remind everyone again what complete crap this is?
- -- Ravager
Appearing in "Titans Around the World (Part II of IV)"
- Bunny (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Titans Around the World (Part II of IV)"
The Teen Titans are on the trail of Raven. Having exhausted all normal means of tracking her, they rely upon former members of the interim Titans roster. They stop in Tokyo, Japan where they find young Zachary Zatara in the midst of his magic act. Zatara is the arrogant nephew of Zatanna Zatara. Zachary wants nothing to do with the Titans any longer, and recalls that the short time he spent with them was a terrible experience. He tells them that Raven recently came by to see him, but he does not know her current whereabouts.
The next leg of their journey takes them to Brisbane, Australia. In Brisbane, another former Titan, Miss Martian frees a hostage from an irrational super-villain named Gunshot. After dealing with Gunshot, she turns to speak with the Titans. Like Zatara, Miss Martian also had recent dealings with Raven. She tells them that Raven wanted her to use her telepathy on the Teen Titans in order to ferret out a possible traitor in their ranks. Miss Martian however refused the request, citing that it is against her personal moral code to read the minds of "good people" without their permission.
In the South China Sea, a one-time member of the Titans named Bombshell fights up against the Red Panzer and his robot drones. She fires at them with blasts of atomic energy. The Teen Titans show up and assist her in stopping the Red Panzer. After the battle is won, they ask her if she has had contact with Raven. Bombshell tells them that Raven and she investigated the rumors of a traitor and she points her finger at Ravager.
- This book was first published on September 13, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in Teen Titans: Titans Around the World and Teen Titans: A Celebration of 50 Years.
- Gunshot first appeared in Justice League America #78.
- Miss Martian appeared last in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #37. In that issue, she refers to the pie-throwing incident which is also recapped in this issue as well.
- Robin has also been appearing in the "Son of Batman" storyline running through recent issues of Batman.
- Raven appears on the cover to this issue, but does not actually appear in the main story.
- Behind the scenes appearances by Flamebird, Plastic Lad and Risk as mental impressions inside of Miss Martian's mind.
- Zachary Zatara also appears in 52 #21, which was released the same week as this month's issue of Teen Titans.
- Reference is made to Wendy and Marvin who are back in San Francisco keeping an eye on Titans Tower.
- Zachary Zatara and Kid Devil make reference to an as yet unpublished adventure involving Phantasm and the denizens of Azarath.
- First appearance of the Quantum Jet.
- This issue contains a flashback to the first Trigon invasion of Earth as originally depicted in New Teen Titans (Volume 1) #4. Reference is also made to the second Trigon invasion which took place in issues 1-4 of New Teen Titans (Volume 2). Appearing in flashback are: Arella, Kid Flash (Wally West), Jericho, Nightwing (Dick Grayson), Raven, Starfire and Wonder Girl (Donna Troy).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 3 39 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
- Images from Teen Titans Vol 3 39
Links and References
- Titans Tower Complete Guide
- Teen Titans at Wikipedia.org
- Teen Titans at Hyperborea
- Teen Titans at Toonopedia