- I was trained by my creator, Thaddeus Thawne, to seek Bart Allen out and replace him. That meant destroying everything he was. I figure that includes his friends.
- -- Inertia
Appearing in "Titans East (Part I of IV)"
- Bombshell (Apparent Death)
- Lion-Mane (Cameo)
- Shrapnel (Cameo)
- Typhoon (Behind the scenes)
- Titans East
- Neron (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "Titans East (Part I of IV)"
Back at Titans Tower, Robin asks Raven if the means by which she resurrected Jericho could be used to bring Superboy back. Raven says that it cannot, as Jericho's soul was still dormant on the Earthly plane. Superboy's soul however, has since moved on.
Suddenly, Titans Tower comes under attack by Inertia. He is wearing the costume of Kid Flash, formerly worn by his rival, Bart Allen. Accompanying him is a Bizarro version of Superboy known as Match. While Robin and Raven remain stunned, Match attacks Wonder Girl.
In Louisiana, Cyborg brings Miss Martian to Belle Reve prison. He wants her to use her telepathic powers to interrogate Bombshell. Miss Martian is reluctant to use her abilities for such an invasive process, but agrees nonetheless.
As Miss Martian and Bombshell exchange quips, a new group of Titans burst through the wall and begin attacking. This group, headed by Deathstroke the Terminator, is Titans East. Batgirl leaps over everyone’s heads and slices Bombshell's throat open with a razor-sharp batarang.
While Duela Dent, Risk and the Joker's daughter keep Cyborg on the defensive, Sungirl unleashes a burst of flame which greatly injures Miss Martian.
In Los Feliz, California, Kid Devil enters a church where he encounters a costumed character named Kid Crusader. As Crusader attacks Eddie, he reveals that he too is aligned with Deathstroke. Deathstroke meanwhile, is actually at Titans Tower. He tells Robin that he plans on taking away everything that the Titans once took from him – family.
In New York, Jericho and Ravager are shocked to find a large wooden effigy of the original Titans Tower standing on the spot where the first tower once stood.
- This issue is reprinted in the Teen Titans: Titans East trade paperback.
- The team head-shots on the splash page shows that Jericho is now an official Teen Titan once again.
- The events from this issue must take place after concurrent issues of Green Arrow (Volume 3), as Deathstroke is still incarcerated as per the storylines from that title.
- Titans East has been making brief cameo appearances over the course of the last several issues. Their last appearance was in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #41, although this issue is the team's first official appearance.
- Inertia has also been causing trouble for Bart Allen in issues #7-8 of the Flash: The Fastest Man Alive.
- Superboy and Lex Luthor make cameo appearances on television monitors in this issue.
- References is made to Neron in this issue. Kid Devil's pact with Neron was revealed in issue #42.
- Issue #44 clarifies that Batgirl's appearance in this storyline takes place after the events from Supergirl (Volume 5) #14.
- Although Bombshell appears to die in this issue, she is later revealed to have survived Batgirl's attack in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #63.
- No trivia.
- Titans image gallery
- Titans image category
- Titans Comic Titles
- Titans Headquarters
- Titans Storylines
- Titans Villains
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 3 43 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
- Images from Teen Titans Vol 3 43
Links and References
- Teen Titans (Volume 3) index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Teen Titans article at Wikipedia
- Teen Titans (animated series) index at TV.com
- Titans Tower