Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Time is of the essence.
- -- Clock King src
Temple Fugate was a junior lawyer known for his punctuality and strict adherence to schedules. During one of his commutes, fellow traveler Hamilton Hill suggested he'd break his schedule so that he could relax one day.
And so, Fugate changed his schedule - he took his break 15 minutes later, and in the park. But he lost important documents, and searching for them meant he was late for a court appearance. When he found out Hamilton Hill was, in fact, working for the rival firm in that case, he accused him of deliberately undermining the case. He took it upon himself to ruin Hill's career.
While Fugate planned his revenge, Hill had already served one successful term as Gotham's mayor. Fugate, now calling himself the Clock King, staged a smear campaign against him, and sabotaged Hill's own campaign. He went so far as to kidnap Hill, but his attempt to kill him by crushing him between the hands of the Gotham clock tower was foiled by Batman.
The Clock King successfully managed to sabotage Hill's third bid for mayor, and by rigging the voting machines, the Penguin was elected instead. The fraud eventually came out, and Hill was restored.
Amanda Waller knew she could use a man of his talents when she formed a strike squad to raid the Justice League's Watchtower. He was pressed into Task Force X, and oversaw the planning and scheduling of the mission to retrieve the Annihilator - which, partly due to Fugate, turned out to be a success.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Tactical Analysis: Fugate had an intricate knowledge of schedules and routine. He was able to escape his first encounter with Batman by hopping on top of a train he knew would be passing below the roof he was on that very second.
- Temple Fugate was voiced by Alan Rachins.
- While the character borrowed the name "Clock King" from the comic book character, everything else about the character was created specifically for the animated series. Aspects of this character would influence the appearance of a later comic book character and the methods used by the Clock King that appeared on the series Arrow.
- 4 Appearances of Temple Fugate (DCAU)
- 3 Images featuring Temple Fugate (DCAU)
- 3 Quotations by or about Temple Fugate (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Temple Fugate (DCAU)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Suicide Squad member