Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"After Antarctica": A mysterious phenomenon is emanating from the Grand Canyon - nothing electrical is working within a radius of several hundred miles from the canyon.
- I'm just a pragmatist, Benton. You're upsetting the natural order of things, so you have to go.
Appearing in "After Antarctica"
- Fighting Yank (Ghost)
- American Crusader
- Dr. Sam Kale (On a TV or computer screen)
- Senator Henry Tallis (On a TV or computer screen)
- Grand Canyon (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "After Antarctica"
A mysterious phenomenon is emanating from the Grand Canyon - nothing electrical is working within a radius of several hundred miles from the canyon.
Invertica City, Boston, and Los Angeles are using Terror Incorporated's Terror 2003 program to reduce street crime.
The Clock and cronies plan the destruction of Terror 2003.
Carol Carter visits Invertica and Diana Adams and Tim Roland. Diana reveals that she and Roland have been dating. Further, she sometimes thinks the Terror is "Bob" (Benton, the original human Terror), other times just a machine pretending to be Bob. However, the Terror seemed happy about Diana and Tim.
Leaving a movie theatre, they are followed by a mysterious figure who turns out to be the Grim Reaper. After killing his cabbie (who saw him unmasked), the Reaper attacks the girls, taking Diana hostage to guide him to the nerve center of Terror Inc.'s HQ. The Reaper say he knows "what I'm doing ... and somebody's got to do it." Confronting the Terror 2003 program, he states that "I'm just a pragmatist, Benton. You're upsetting the natural order of things, so you have to go."
Seemingly neutralizing the Terror 2003's skeletrons with an energy sword, the Grim Reaper makes his way to the control room to destroy the program permanently. The Terror calls him a dinosaur and, disintegrating the Reaper with a blast, welcomes him to evolution.
As Tim and Diana leave, Carol races to the washroom, where she sees her deceased father, Bruce Carter III, in a mirror beckoning to her.
- This book was first published on June 25, 2003.
- Terra Obscura and its inhabitants were last seen in Tom Strong #12.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Terra Obscura Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Terra Obscura series
- Images from Terra Obscura Vol 1 1
- Tom Strong Vol 1 11
- Tom Strong Vol 1 12
- Terra Obscura Volume 1
- Terra Obscura Volume 2
- Tom Strong and the Planet of Peril Vol 1
- Terra Obscura & Splash Brannigan - a Who's Who type issue covering Terra Obscura characters.