Terry had a long problem with finishing what he started, which eventually cost him his job, as he failed to turn in any academic papers during his tenure. He got a new job in a bookstore, but he did not like that. He eventually got another tenure, and published several books.
Though their relationship seemed golden at the start, they eventually grew apart and divorced as Terry decided Donna was too dangerous an influence to be around their son and he filed for a restraining order and a divorce ending in him gaining custody over their son. Several years later, Terry, Robert and Jennifer were killed in a car crash in New Hampshire.
- Black Lantern Ring (formerly)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Was 29 during his relation to Donna Troy, who was 10 years younger.
- He is said to work at either Manhattan University or City Community College, neither of which exist in real life New York City. Later appearances refer to it as "a certain New York college" only.
- 120 Appearances of Terrence Long (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Terrence Long (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Terrence Long (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Terrence Long (New Earth)
- Terry Long at dccomics.com
- Terry Long at Wikipedia.org
- Terry Long article at Titanstower.com
- Terry Long bio at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The 6 creepiest comic-book characters of all time