Terry Sloane operated as the "mystery man" known as Mr. Terrific during World War II as a member of the Justice Society of America, fighting alongside them against the likes of the Ultra-Humanite who at the time was in the guise of actress Dolores Winters. After the war, he bought and operated an airline through using rumored strong-arm tactics that made retired "mystery man" Johnny Chambers (Johhny Quick) question the hero's "fair play" motto. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present. It is not known how involved he was in the battle with Dynaman, or if he survived it.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, appearing mostly as a cameo character.
- 2 Appearances of Terrence Sloane (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Terrence Sloane (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Terrence Sloane (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Terrence Sloane (JSA: The Golden Age)