"The Basis of Optimism": The Terror Titans ambush a group of young heroes in Los Angeles which includes: Aquagirl, Molecule, the Star-Spangled Kid, Terra and Zatara. Their goal is to capture the heroes and have them brainwashed so that the will be able to compet
- What's a girl gotta do to get in a proper brawl around here?
- -- Ravager
Appearing in "The Basis of Optimism"
- Fever (Final appearance; Dies)
- Molecule (Final appearance; Dies)
- Star-Spangled Kid (First appearance)
- Zachary Zatara
Synopsis for "The Basis of Optimism"
The Terror Titans ambush a group of young heroes in Los Angeles which includes: Aquagirl, Molecule, the Star-Spangled Kid, Terra and Zatara. Their goal is to capture the heroes and have them brainwashed so that the will be able to compete in metahuman combat at the Dark Side Club. Persuader feels that Molecule is of no value at all, so she slices him in half with her Atomic Axe.
The rest are taken to the club, where they are subjected to an intense behavioral modification program. The new Star-Spangled Kid is forced to fight against Fever, but the pyrokinetic hero succeeds in defeating him. Chairman Vundabar elects to allow him to live.
Ravager, formerly of the Teen Titans, joins forces with the Clock King. She volunteers to fight at the Dark Side Club without the added incentive of the brainwashing processes. Clock King gives her a drug to amplify her Metahuman abilities. She fights up against Fever and defeats her with one kick. Chairman Vundabar signals for her execution, but Ravager refuses to take her opponent's life. Instead, one of Vundabar's henchmen walks up and shoots the unconscious fever in the head.
- Terror Titans is a six-issue limited series.
- This issue shipped on October 1st, 2008.
- Persuader's first name, Elise, is revealed in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Terror Titans Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Terror Titans series
- Images from Terror Titans Vol 1 1
Links and References
- Titans Tower Complete Guide
- Teen Titans at Wikipedia.org
- Teen Titans at Hyperborea
- Teen Titans at Toonopedia
|Dark Side Club Crossover |
This issue is a part of the Dark Side Club crossover theme, circling around a gambling club for metahuman fighting, primarily younger heroes. The club is run by Boss Dark Side, and his crew. Dark Side Club ties into Final Crisis.