"Jumpstart": The Authority discuss the threat of the parasitic life form that is feeding off this world's inhabitants. Jack doesn't believe it but Angie starts to piece it together.
- I'm having a pretty hard time processing this one myself.: Jack Hawksmoor
- Not a Lovecraft fan, Jack?: Jenny Quarx
- A parasitic lifeform tapped into the subconscious of the entire human race? No, Jenny. Not a Lovecraft fan.: Jack Hawksmoor
Appearing in "Jumpstart"
Synopsis for "Jumpstart"
The Authority discuss the threat of the parasitic life form that is feeding off this world's inhabitants. Jack doesn't believe it but Angie starts to piece it together.
Meanwhile, around the world, people begin to succumb to the parasite; some through sickness, some through aggression, and even some through suicide.
The Doctor deduces that these parasites could be this universe's dominant lifeforms. He says he may have awakened the creature when he was in Ken's mind. As they discuss how, or even if, they could take this parasite out, Angie comes up with an idea.
Around the world, chaos continues to erupt. The Doctor links it to the fact that the parasite is waking up. Angie tells them that if they use Ken's mind as a link, they can "jumpstart" The Carrier with the parasite's life force. In private, Angie shares with Jenny that Ken won't survive the process. But Jenny says it's either that or they all get done in by the parasite.
Ken realizes he'll probably die doing this but decides to accept his fate if it'll help his world. Even though The Authority all know what this will mean, they reluctantly go through with it. They activate the link and Ken's body explodes with energy. The Carrier awakens and is instantly pulled into The Bleed.
Across the planet, every living thing has died from the feedback.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Authority: The Lost Year Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Authority: The Lost Year series