"Authority: World's End - Chapter 1": Following the events of Number of the Beast the Earth is in ruins and The Authority are in London, or "UnLondon" as they now call it. In the blackened sky the empty husk of a ship that was once the mighty Carrier lies fused with
- We wanted to change the world, but it changed us. And all we can do is pick up the pieces.
Appearing in "Authority: World's End - Chapter 1"
Synopsis for "Authority: World's End - Chapter 1"
Following the events of Number of the Beast the Earth is in ruins and The Authority are in London, or "UnLondon" as they now call it. In the blackened sky the empty husk of a ship that was once the mighty Carrier lies fused with the city itself. Swift patrols the skies looking for survivors while the surviving birds of the air flock to her; desperate for direction amidst the chaos that disrupted their migration patterns. Midnighter is on the ground rounding up refugees when they are attacked by Incubites-beasts that have succumbed to a post collapse plague known as Warhol Fever that gives them enormous power but kills them soon after; spreading the plague.
Apollo descends from the darkened skies and incinerates the Incubites but it is soon learn that with the sun no longer shining due to the blacken atmosphere, Apollo's power drains quickly now so he and Midnighter can only have a moment together and then he must return to heavens to recharge.
Swift, Midnighter, and the refugees return to the Carrier. Angie, who is now powerless thanks to the E.M. storms, is busy working and assessing their supplies situation. Jack Hawksmoor is severely damaged, confined to a wheelchair, and apparently feeling hopeless because of the current state of the world.
Appearing in "Lynch: One Last Thing - Chapter 2"
- John Lynch (Flashback and main story)
- Tao (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Lynch: One Last Thing - Chapter 2"
John Lynch recounts the events that led to Tao's creation and his eventual betrayal. With the current state of the world, Lynch swears his duty in killing Tao for good.
- This story seems to contradict and/or expand the future seen in Midnighter: Armageddon but it is because Void's interference caused changes to the future, but did not prevent Armageddon from happening as she'd hoped. This matter was later pointed out by Midnighter himself in Issue #10.
- Lynch continued in Gen 13 #21.
- This issue is collected in The Authority: World's End-Book One trade.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Authority Vol 4 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Authority series
- Images from The Authority Vol 4 1