|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Flash: Flashpoint. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
Barry Allen wakes up to discover he is in an altered timeline in which Citizen Cold is Central City's greatest hero, his mother Nora (deceased in his own timeline) is alive, his father [[Henry Allen (Flashpoint Time
- Do you remember? You found me. And in that instant, you pulled the entire Speed Force into you to stop me. To stop me from killing your mother. You were like a bullet through a windshield. You shattered history. The lives of the people closest to you were put on a broken path. You changed time like an amateur! This is your fault, Barry. This hell is your creation. You traded the life of your mother for the rest of the world!
Barry Allen wakes up to discover he is in an altered timeline in which Citizen Cold is Central City's greatest hero, his mother Nora (deceased in his own timeline) is alive, his father Henry, died of a heart attack three years ago (instead of in prison), and that the Flash, the Justice League and Superman do not exist.
In Gotham City, Batman throws a criminal off a building before being confronted by Cyborg. Cyborg and Batman have a conference with a group of superheroes, to discuss how the battle between Aquaman's Atlanteans and Wonder Woman's Amazons has caused massive death and destruction in Western Europe, with the prospect of America being similarly endangered. The heroes cannot work together to find a solution, and the meeting is disbanded. Barry Allen drives to the Batcave where he is attacked by Batman, who is revealed to be Thomas Wayne, who took the mantle after the death of his son.
In the flooded remains of Paris, Deathstroke the Terminator captains a pirate ship in search of his daughter. He, along with his crew ( Sonar, Icicle, and Clayface) are attacked by Emperor Aquaman, who stabs Deathstroke in the chest. Sonar is able to remove a piece of the trident from Deathstroke's chest and heal him. Back at Wayne Manor, Barry tries to explain to Thomas about his secret identity as the Flash and his relationship to Bruce Wayne. Barry's memory begins to spontaneously realign itself to the altered timeline and Barry learns that the world of Flashpoint is not an alternate dimension, but his own. Barry's ring ejects Professor Zoom's costume and cause Barry to believe that Eobard Thawne is responsible for changing history. Barry decides to recreate the accident that gave him his powers, in a bid to undo the damage caused by Thawne, but the initial attempt causes him to be badly burnt.
In London, Steve Trevor is waiting at a rendezvous point for Lois Lane but is attacked by Wonder Woman and the Amazons. Wonder Woman catches him by the neck with her Lasso of Truth and begins interrogating him. He explains that he was hired to extract Lois Lane from New Themyscira because she was sent to gather information on the Amazons for Cyborg. The US President informs Cyborg that Steve Trevor sent a signal to the resistance but was intercepted because of a traitor among the heroes that Cyborg tried to recruit. Cyborg is relieved of duty as Element Woman sneaks into the headquarters. Meanwhile in New Themyscira, Lois Lane encounters the Resistance. A second lightning strike grants Barry Allen his powers, healing his injuries, allowing him to recreate his costume. Barry's research of past records of newspaper clippings leads him to conclude that Thawne deliberately changed the timeline to prevent the formation of the Justice League. He also learns of a rocket carrying the infant Kal-El, that crashed into Metropolis instead of Kansas. Kal-El was taken by Project: Superman, and named Subject 1. Flash and Batman meet with Cyborg and agree to join the cause to stop Wonder Woman and Aquaman, and the three go in search of 'Subject 1'. In the project headquarters they discover a pale, weakened version of Superman. Their meeting is interrupted by the arrival of guards and Superman flies off in the midst of battle, leaving the Flash, Batman, and Cyborg in the sewers to be rescued by Element Woman. Flash's memories begin to change much more drastically. In order to prevent him forgetting the original timeline completely, Batman gives him an anti-epileptic to slow down his brain's electrical activity.
The President announces Cyborg's failure to unite the world's super heroes, and the US entry into the Atlantian-Amazon war. In Fawcett City, Billy Batson feels distressed about trying to intervene after being easily defeated by Wonder Woman, before resolving to put a stop to the war. The Flash, Batman, Cyborg, and Element Woman break down the door in need of the Marvel Family's help, and Batman asks Billy to use his lighting to prevent Flash's memories from changing even further. Billy sees the memories of his New Earth counterpart. The group hears of the failed air assault on England due to the Amazons' Invisible Plane airforce. Hal Jordan is the first casualty, and a giant Atlantean-generated tidal wave threatens the rest of New Themyscira. Flash tells Batman that he cannot just stand by as people die since if he fails to stop Thawne, the world will destroy itself. Despite some reservations, Batman joins Flash as the group heads off to New Themyscira where they are joined en route by Enchantress. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are fighting one-on-one until Flash and his team arrive. The Marvel Family transform into Captain Thunder, and attack Wonder Woman. They appear to be winning until Enchantress reveals herself as the Amazon spy and uses her magic to restore the Marvel Family to their mortal forms. Penthesilea kills Billy Batson causing a massive explosion that cripples the opposing forces. In the wake of the devastation, Professor Zoom appears in front of the Flash.
Zoom reveals to Barry that the Flashpoint timeline was actually created by Barry himself, after he travelled back in time to stop him from killing his mother. Barry pulled the entire Speed Force into himself to stop Zoom, which altered the timeline. Thawne resets Barry's internal vibrations, enabling him to remember this. According to Thawne, these actions transformed him into a living paradox, no longer requiring Barry to exist, and allowing him to kill the Flash without erasing his own existence. Zoom continues to taunt Barry with this knowledge until he is stabbed and killed from behind by Batman. As the fight continues, Subject 1 arrives and begins to aid the heroes, but Thomas still insists that Barry put history back to normal to undo the millions of deaths that have resulted from the Amazon/Atlantean war. Meanwhile Cyborg detects seismic activity which he claims could destroy the world and waves start to approach.
Now knowing the point of divergence, the Flash resumes his attempts to restore the timeline. Before he enters the timestream, Thomas thanks him for giving his son a second chance and gives Barry a letter addressed to Bruce. Barry then meets his mother, and reveals his secrets and his inadvertent role in creating the Flashpoint universe by saving her life. Barry bids a tearful farewell to her and Nora Allen also accepts her fate, acknowledging that she will be reunited with her husband in the afterlife when Barry succeeds. Traveling back in time, Barry merges with his younger counterpart during the attempt to stop Thawne, inadvertently creating another timeline which slightly differs from either the Flashpoint or original universe. Barry then wakes up in a similar manner to the beginning of Flashpoint. Believing that everything is over, Barry remembers Thomas' letter and gives it to Bruce, who is still the Batman in this timeline. Bruce is deeply touched by his father's sacrifice to ensure his own life, and is grateful to Barry for informing him of the events that transpired before the timeline was apparently restored to normal. In the wake of current events, a new DC Universe begins.
The Road to Flashpoint
- Flash (Volume 3) #9
- Flash (Volume 3) #10
- Flash (Volume 3) #11
- Flash (Volume 3) #12
- Time Masters: Vanishing Point #6
- Flashpoint (Volume 2) #1
- Flashpoint (Volume 2) #2
- Flashpoint (Volume 2) #3
- Flashpoint (Volume 2) #4
- Flashpoint (Volume 2) #5
Whatever Happened to Gotham City?
- Flashpoint: Batman - Knight of Vengeance #1
- Flashpoint: Batman - Knight of Vengeance #2
- Flashpoint: Batman - Knight of Vengeance #3
- Flashpoint: Deadman and the Flying Graysons #1
- Flashpoint: Deadman and the Flying Graysons #2
- Flashpoint: Deadman and the Flying Graysons #3
Whatever Happened to the World’s Greatest Super Villains?
- Flashpoint: Citizen Cold #1
- Flashpoint: Citizen Cold #2
- Flashpoint: Citizen Cold #3
- Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #1
- Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #2
- Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #3
- Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #1
- Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #2
- Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #3
- Flashpoint: The Outsider #1
- Flashpoint: The Outsider #2
- Flashpoint: The Outsider #3
Whatever Happened to the Aliens?
- Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern #1
- Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern #2
- Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern #3
- Flashpoint: Project Superman #1
- Flashpoint: Project Superman #2
- Flashpoint: Project Superman #3
Whatever Happened to Science & Magic?
- Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown #1
- Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown #2
- Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown #3
- Flashpoint: Secret Seven #1
- Flashpoint: Secret Seven #2
- Flashpoint: Secret Seven #3
Whatever Happened to Europe?
- Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #1
- Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #2
- Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman #3
- Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies #1
- Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies #2
- Flashpoint: Wonder Woman and the Furies #3
- Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance #1
- Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance #2
- Flashpoint: Lois Lane and the Resistance #3
Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash
- Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost #1
- Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost #2
- Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost #3
- Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint #1
- Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint #2
- Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint #3
He Never Got The Ring
- Flashpoint: Grodd of War #1
- Flashpoint: Reverse Flash #1
- Flashpoint: Green Arrow Industries #1
- Flashpoint: The Canterbury Cricket #1
- Booster Gold (Volume 2) #44
- Booster Gold (Volume 2) #45
- Booster Gold (Volume 2) #46
- Booster Gold (Volume 2) #47
Items: None known.
Vehicles: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- This formally merged New Earth, the Vertigo Universe, and Earth-50 (52's version of the WildStorm Universe) into one single Earth or Prime Earth.
- This event was used as source material for the DC Comics original animated movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- No trivia.
- No issues listed
Links and References
This event or storyline is specifically related to The Flash, or any of the individual characters who have taken up the Scarlet Speedster mantle. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Flash Storylines category.