- I. Am. The. Flash!!!
Appearing in "Full Throttle: Conclusion"
- The Flash (Bart Allen) (Dies)
- Barry Allen (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Full Throttle: Conclusion"
Valerie Perez tries to figure out the advanced technology of Inertia's Speed Force machine, attempting to keep it from detonating. Iris Allen, having felt a disturbance in the timestream, believes there might be a chance to prevent the future she saw and save Bart's life. She rushes to her powerless grandson's aid, firing tranquilizers at the Rogues pursuing him. She explains to him what Val is trying to do, and, not wanting to put her in danger, Bart gently incapacitates Iris. He grabs her tranquilizer gun and runs off to distract the Rogues. He fights valiantly, but is soon overwhelmed by their numbers.
Meanwhile, Pied Piper confronts Inertia, angry at being used. He drags the young speedster, also powerless from lack of Velocity 9, over to the other Rogues. Together, they surmise Inertia's true intention: to transfer the Speed Force from the Flash to himself. After a comment from Abra Kadabra about being too young to be the Flash, Bart has a surge of adrenaline, breaks free and begins to attack Inertia vigorously, convinced that the presence of the Black Flash may have foreshadowed his enemy's demise rather than his own. However, after recalling a conversation he had with his grandmother, in which she told him that she had traveled to the future and read of his death, he loses hope and Inertia breaks free.
Piper notices the door to Inertia's machine, and, realizing that someone is helping the Flash and his powers could potentially be returned, the Rogues run toward it. Bart runs after Inertia, but the other Rogues attack him from behind. He falls down, mortally wounded. Glancing up, Bart notices that the machine had been deactivated. Val and Iris run to his side, and he passes away.
- This book was first published on June 6, 2007.
- This issue is reprinted in The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive: Full Throttle.
- A promotional DC Nation version of this issue was distributed for free with a cover by Ryan Sook.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive series
- Images from The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Vol 1 13
- The Flash Recommended Reading
- The Rogues
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes
The events from this issue or series are related to the Countdown to Final Crisis. Countdown was a weekly series spanning exactly 52 issues, and tying in with plots across many story arcs all over the DCU. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Countdown Crossover category.