"Danger in the Air!": A new villain known as the Trickster has managed to rob an airplane while it is still in mid-air, prompting Barry to suddenly cancel a date with Iris in order to find the Trickster
Appearing in "Danger in the Air!"
- Trickster (First appearance) (Origin)
Synopsis for "Danger in the Air!"
A new villain known as the Trickster has managed to rob an airplane while it is still in mid-air, prompting Barry to suddenly cancel a date with Iris in order to find the Trickster as the Flash. After their initial encounter, the Trickster gets away. The Trickster is revealed to be James Jesse, born to a circus troupe but was afraid of heights. As a young boy he idolized Jesse James, and soon created a pair of shoes that allowed him to walk in the air and soon took on the identity of the Trickster to commit crimes when he became an adult.
The Flash, deducing that the Trickster may be a circus performer, goes to the circus to see if he can find him. This time, the Flash is able to defeat the Trickster and turn him over to the police.
Appearing in "The Man Who Claimed the Earth!"
- Po-Siden (Single appearance)
- Wiley Summers
- Zus (Single appearance)
- Boryas (Single appearance)
- Olimpus (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Claimed the Earth!"
Iris cancels a date with Barry to do a story on Barry's old classmate Wiley Summer who has discovered a strange bit of metal that possibly comes to another world. While Barry investigates the metal himself as the Flash, in the Dimension of Olympus, Po-Siden tells his ruler Zus that the lost planet has been found.
Sent to take over Earth, Po-Siden ends up battling the Flash, and easily defeats the hero. Shooting a bolt of lightning at Flash, the Flash runs around the world at super-speed in order to avoid being hit by it and knocks down Po-Siden. Taking his trident and locking him up in the city jail, Flash offers him a deal: Take his Trident and leave Earth and never come back, or stay in his cell. Po-Siden decides to take the Flash's offer and soon leaves the planet.
Back in his home land, Po-Siden is told by Zus that the people of Earth are free to live their own lives.
Back on Earth, Barry Allen shows up at Doctor Summer's museum and makes Iris go out on their date.
- "Danger in the Air!" was reprinted in The Flash #160, The Greatest Flash Stories Ever Told and Countdown Special: The Flash #1.
- "The Man Who Claimed the Earth!" was reprinted in The Flash #169.
- The entire issue was reprinted in The Flash Archives Vol. 2, Showcase Presents: The Flash Vol. 1, The Flash Chronicles Vol. 3 and The Flash Omnibus Vol. 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Flash Vol 1 113 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash series
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes