"What is the Sinister Secret of... Simian and Son?": The Central City police break up a gang of hoodlums accosting an old man. They soon discover however that this is just a trap perpetuated by Gorilla Grodd and his henchmen. Grodd and the thugs steal the office
- It is the Flash we shall be concentrating on from this moment forward -- Flash and Flash alone! Soon he shall be on his knees, begging our mercy --
Appearing in "What is the Sinister Secret of... Simian and Son?"
- Gorilla Grodd
- Angelo Torres
Synopsis for "What is the Sinister Secret of... Simian and Son?"
The Central City police break up a gang of hoodlums accosting an old man. They soon discover however that this is just a trap perpetuated by Gorilla Grodd and his henchmen. Grodd and the thugs steal the officers' squad car and race back towards Grodd's penthouse apartment.
On the Justice League Satellite, the JLA deliberate on whether to keep the Flash on the team in lieu of his recent legal trouble. Superman votes to keep the Flash on the team at least until the trial. The Flash has other things on his mind however, and cannot sit around waiting for the League to decide his future. He takes the teleporter back to Central City.
Flash finds his old college roommate, Peter Farley. After saving Farley from a vehicle accident, they retire to his partner's mountain retreat where the Flash tells him that he wants Farley to represent him at his manslaughter trial. Farley is unaware that the Flash is his old roommate Barry Allen.
Meanwhile, Henry and Nora Allen visit the ailing Fiona Webb. Although her condition appears to be improving, she is still suffering great mental trauma from the recent attempt on her life. Upon seeing a photograph of Barry Allen, Fiona's mind snaps and she begins repeatedly smashing the picture frame against her forehead. Henry calls for an orderly and they take Miss Webb back to her room.
Elsewhere, Gorilla Grodd chooses a young juvenile delinquent named Angelo Torres to serve as his new apprentice. Although Torres had renounced a life of crime, Grodd's mental powers force him to work under his command. The psychic invasion warps Angelo's mind and he begins lashing out against his mother.
At Central City Police Headquarters, Captain Darryl Frye discusses the disappearance of Barry Allen with his assistant Ms. Spivot. He has in his possession one of the Flash's costume rings. He knows that it belongs to Barry, but is unaware of its actual purpose.
Later, the Flash leaves Farley's retreat and runs through the canyons. He reflects upon the bizarre turns his life has taken recently and ponders why all of this is happening to him.
- The Flash appears next in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #175.
- Aquaman, Firestorm and Hawkman chronologically appear next in Justice League of America #221.
- Green Arrow appears next in World's Finest Comics #300.
- Superman appears next in World's Finest Comics #295.
- Elongated Man and Wonder Woman appear next in Justice League of America #219.
- Flash allegedly killed Reverse Flash in The Flash #324.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Flash Vol 1 329 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Flash series
- Images from The Flash Vol 1 329
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes