The Green is an elemental force which connects all forms of plant life on earth, experienced by elementals as an ethereal realm inhabited by the collective minds of the Parliament of Trees. Various plant elementals of the DC Universe have been known to communicate with the Green as well and appear to have an in-tune rapport with it.
These select few include the following:
- Swamp Thing
- Tefé Holland
- Alec Holland
- Flora Black
- Suzy Linden
- Hyathis (ruler of the planet Alstair)
- Poison Ivy
Another, the Floronic Man, went insane after attempting to connect with The Green through Swamp Thing, but his later version as the Seeder did manage to temporarily become a protector. Solomon Grundy is also purportedly connected to The Green, but he was tainted by aspects of The Grey.
In the parallel universe of Earth 2, The Green chooses Alan Scott as its protector in preparation for a coming threat, and in the wake of a devastating attack by Darkseid. It uses his engagement ring as a conduit for its power, naming him a Green Lantern.
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2)
- Swamp Thing (Volume 5)
- The Black
- The Red
- The Clear
- The White
- The Grey
- The Melt
- The Metal
- The Divided
- The Green is analogous with other forces of nature, their elementals, and their dimensions:
- The Black (which is associated with Death, and run by the Parliament of Decay).
- The Red (which is connected to all animal life and run by the Parliament of Limbs).
- The Clear (which is associated with aquatic life and run by the Parliament of Waves).
- The White (which is associated with air elementals and run by the Parliament of Vapors).
- The Grey (which is connected to all fungal life).
- An unnamed fire realm (which is associated with fire elementals and connected to the Parliament of Flames.
- The Melt (which is connected to Earth elementals and run by the Parliament of Stones).
- The Metal (which is connected to metal and technological elementals and run by The Rithm).
- The Divided (which is associated with bacteria, amoebas, and other microscopic forms of life).
- No trivia.
Links and References