Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Haunted": Rose D'Angelo is a young woman in 1998 who runs away from home due to the embarrassment of turning down an engagement ring from a wealthy man she does not even love, yet the family was hoping could provide for them once she married him. She flees to Metropolis where she signs on as an
- It's Batman's table, sir. I'll try to find him. I'm sorry.
Appearing in "Haunted"
- Batman (New Earth)
- Booster Gold (New Earth)
- Ibn al Xu'ffasch
- Kid Flash (Kingdom Come)
- Nightstar (Kingdom Come)
- Offspring (Kingdom Come)
- Rose D'Angelo
- Planet Krypton Wait Staff
- "Animal Man"
- "Captain Marvel"
- "Dr. Mid-Nite"
- Linda/"Black Canary"
- Stark/"Green Lantern"
- Vera/"Wonder Woman"
- "Ghosts" (Cameo)
- Adam Strange
- Alexander Luthor, Sr. (Earth-Three)
- Batwoman (Earth-Two)
- Buddy Blank/OMAC
- Captain Atom (Earth-Four)
- Composite Superman (Earth-One)
- Fury (Earth-Two/Modern Age)
- Garrett Sanford/Sandman (Earth-One)
- Green Lantern Batman
- Green Lantern (Tangent)
- Jor-El (Earth-One)
- Richard Grayson/Robin (Earth-Two)
- Superwoman (Earth-One)
- Wonder Woman (Earth-One)
Synopsis for "Haunted"
Rose D'Angelo is a young woman in 1998 who runs away from home due to the embarrassment of turning down an engagement ring from a wealthy man she does not even love, yet the family was hoping could provide for them once she married him. She flees to Metropolis where she signs on as an employee of Booster Gold's superhero-themed Planet Krypton restaurant where she is assigned the role and costume of Supergirl and works as a waitress. She has few friends among her fellow employees who see her as a "cold fish" or simply don't give her any common courtesy, as with the case of the waiter dressed as Captain Marvel. She manages to stay inside the restaurant after closing time, where she finds herself visited by "ghosts" of various superheroes, a good deal of whom she has never even seen before. The "ghosts" do not threaten her in any way and mainly go about as if Rose wasn't even there. Rose feels comfortable enough with them to share her life story. However, one day she overhears her boss talking to someone over the phone about a possible break-in into the restaurant, which makes Rose feel like she was a suspect.
She waits in the restaurant at night and sees Batman appear in the flesh to investigate what Booster Gold has called him for, and notices that the inventory of items involving superhero paraphenalia has increased. Batman finds Rose and starts questioning her about her being in the restaurant when he also sees the "ghosts", including one of a superheroine that he somehow remembers. Batman suggests that these "ghosts" may actually be "echoes" of other realities, since he claims it's impossible for him to know the superheroine that he saw. Among the ghosts, Batman notices four of them that wear a special wristband, and so captures the four to interrogate them. Before he gets any answers from them, they vanish, and Batman gets a call from Superman to bring Wonder Woman with him. Batman tells Rose to go home before he departs, and for a brief moment before Rose leaves the restaurant to return home to her family, she sees a "ghost" of herself wearing the engagement ring but still serving as a waitress at Planet Krypton, making her realize that her choice not to marry the man was a good one.
- The Planet Krypton restaurant in 1998 is believed to be the same as the one that appears in the Kingdom Come future time era -- until Hunter's revelations in The Kingdom #2 proved otherwise.
- The "ghosts" of superheroes that Rose and Batman saw include figures that were either erased from existence by the Crisis On Infinite Earths (like the Earth-One Batwoman) or are deceased (like Hippolyta Trevor-Hall as Fury from Infinity, Inc.).
- Batman interestingly says, "How bizarre", as he picks up the chunk of Blue Kryptonite, which in pre-Crisis Earth-One reality was known to affect Bizarros, from the display case.
- Batman receives a call made by Superman in The Kingdom #2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Kingdom: Planet Krypton Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Kingdom series
Links and References
- No external links.