The Metal is a kingdom that gained sentience and cohesion in the 21st century, composed of mechanical intelligences of various sources, and focused in on a mechanical base known as Servus in the Arctic Circle. It is not the source of all metal-based abilities, but only those connected to The Rithm. Those who can tap into The Metal are:
The non-human members of the Rithm value efficiency above all else, and are relatively dispassionate in how they operate. As a new intelligence, they acted as the other Kingdoms had before them: attempting to conquer the world for themselves, until a stalemate can be reached. The only known intelligent members of the Metal are the Rithm themselves, though they have multiple robotic drones to aid them.
- Swamp Thing (Volume 5)
- The Black
- The Green
- The Red
- The Clear
- The White
- The Grey
- The Melt
- The Divided
- The Metal is analogous with other forces of nature, their elementals, and their dimensions:
- The Black (which is associated with Death, and run by the Parliament of Decay).
- The Green (which is connected to all plant life and run by the Parliament of Trees).
- The Red (which is connected to all animal life and run by the Parliament of Limbs).
- The Clear (which is associated with aquatic life and run by the Parliament of Waves).
- The White (which is associated with air elementals and run by the Parliament of Vapors).
- The Grey (which is connected to all fungal life).
- An unnamed fire realm (which is associated with fire elementals and connected to the Parliament of Flames.
- The Melt (which is connected to Earth elementals and run by the Parliament of Stones).
- The Divided (which is associated with bacteria, amoebas, and other microscopic forms of life).
- No trivia.
Links and References