Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The original Thermafrost freezer was a large containment unit housed within the Mohole 1 scientific research station in the Arctic. Several years ago, junior scientist, Crystal Frost, found herself trapped inside the Thermafrost freezer. The sub-zero temperature permanently altered her body chemistry transforming her into the psychotic super-villain known as Killer Frost. As Killer Frost required heat in order to utilize her powers, it soon became apparent that the same device responsible for granting her those powers could also be used to take them away. The super-hero known as Firestorm locked Killer Frost back inside the freezing chamber. The Thermafrost unit did not take her powers away, but it did succeed in rendering her insensate.
A smaller, custom-made Thermafrost freezer was constructed, designed specifically to contain Killer Frost. Law enforcement officials incarcerated her and placed Frost inside the unit. They transferred her to the Concorde Federal Penitentiary in New York City, where she awaited trial.
Killer Frost eventually escaped and began terrorizing New York. Professor Martin Stein, with the aid of the android Red Tornado, constructed a portable Thermafrost device, which they housed inside of the chest cavity on the Red Tornado’s body. They succeeded in exposing Frost to the device and the heroes captured her once again. Stein equipped his version of the Thermafrost freezer with a reverse-flow setting, which he used to thaw all of Killer Frost’s victims.
The authorities placed Frost back inside the body-unit and returned her to Concorde Federal Penitentiary. Three months later, a damaged electrical circuit blew a transformer at the prison, shorting out the Thermafrost freezer. Killer Frost escaped once again.
- As its name implies, the Thermafrost freezer has the ability to generate intense waves of cold air with extremes well below the sub-zero spectrum. Ideally, such a device is constructed to accommodate a variety of uses, but primarily it has been utilized for the sake of placing biological organisms into a state of suspended animation.
- Some versions of the Thermafrost freezer can be equipped with a reverse setting, which will successfully thaw out pre-frozen material.
- Appearances of Thermafrost Freezer
- Item Gallery: Thermafrost Freezer
- Images featuring Thermafrost Freezer
Links and References