Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
The Thinker used his incredible intelligence to model the world and predict what would happen. Somehow, he predicted the invasion by the Crime Syndicate, and got himself committed to Belle Reve Penitentiary.
Thinker's incredible brain came at a price: his brain drains energy from the rest of his body, prematurely aging him. He predicted that he would be dead within a decade, until the arrival of the Crime Syndicate. He agreed to serve the villains in exchange for a new body; specifically, the body of OMAC. When they agreed to his terms, he began subverting the work of the Suicide Squad, arranging a second Squad (while pretending to be Amanda Waller) to counter the first, and cutting into Amanda Waller's bandwidth, preventing her from getting valuable data to her operatives.
- Thinker was created by Gardner Fox and Everett E. Hibbard, first appearing in Adventures of All-Flash #12. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Matt Kindt and Patrick Zircher's New 52 Suicide Squad series.
- 6 Appearances of Thinker (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Thinker (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thinker (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thinker (Prime Earth)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member