The Thirst is a golem composed of dry river mud, the mystical "brother" of a being called the Waterbearer, an ancient goddess. The Thirst had preyed on the deities who have watched over the Secret Sea, a metaphysical realm composed of the shared imagination of humanity, for millennia, absorbing their power.
When Aquaman became the guardian of the Secret Sea, the Thirst sets its sights on him. The parasite fought Aquaman several times, attempting to drain not only the rivers of Earth and the magical water of the Secret Sea of all life, but the Sea King's very essence as well. In their final battle, Aquaman stopped fighting the Thirst and surrendered his control to the light of the universe, the parasite was consumed by the holy power and destroyed, seemingly for good.
- Energy Absorption: The Thirst is able to absorb life energy leaving his victims as withered husks. The Thirst is able to absorb moisture from all water sources, which gives him power and allows him to grow stronger.
- Necromancy: The Thirst is then able to mentally control the zombie like husks of the individuals hes drained.
- Magic Immunity: Being a dark abstract of the secret sea, The Thirst is also immune to magic and arcane forces.
- 11 Appearances of Thirst (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Thirst (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Thirst (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thirst (New Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."