- The combat equivalent of a portable black hole.
- -- Dreamer
- -- Dreamer
Thom Kallor aka Star Boy was a Xanthuan hero that joined the Legion of Super-Heroes following the death of Kid Quantum, Xanthu's original Legionnaire representative. He did not get along with Leviathan, partly because he blamed himself for Kid Quantum's death and saw his replacement as a reminder of his failure as a leader.
In addition to his mass increasing powers, Star Boy temporarily gained several new powers following spaceship accidents including Kryptonian level and fire-breathing. However, he found these abilities difficult to control.
The planet Xanthu left the United Planets, Star Boy and his fellow Xanthuan Legionnaires, Kid Quantum II and Monstress worked hard to reveal that their planet's government had been deceived. They were shocked at the revealtion and decided to remain with the United Planets. Star Boy had a relationship with fellow Legionaire Dreamer.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Density Manipulation: power to draw mass from the stars and induce it into any object thereby making it super-heavy. His power is not gravitic in nature. The reason there is no change in the bulk of the object he is affecting is because the mass he induces into objects is compressed, along with the normal matter, so that the weight increases but not the size. In this way, his power's effect is similar to the matter in a white dwarf star, in which only a handful weighs tons. He can increase the weight of objects at least a thousand-fold.
In one instance, Starman used his power to increase the mass of an object to the point where it naturally generate its own gravity, such as the one created on Nullport.
Starman can project stored-up mass into objects, persons or creatures, and the effect always passes away in a few hours. Flying creatures will become too heavy to fly and people too heavy to walk or stand. By using his powers on people flying through space-vortexes, they won't be carried way by the currents. He once used his power to prevent an alien shrine to a national hero from blowing away in a tornado.
Starman can turn his power on himself, causing him to sink into the ground. Once,he made Atlantis so super-heavy it sank into the sea. His powerful radiations can cause walls and doors to collapse under their own super-induced weight. He can also use his power on ion-force screens by making the electrified particles heavy enough to fall to the ground. Starman can neutralize his weight-increasing rays to restore objects to their normal mass. In turn he can apparently decrease the mass of objects making them feather light.
- Black Hole Creation: He can create a black hole by using a simple object as a central point. Though the black hole is apparently dependent upon his powers to remain active. These black Holes seem to act as wormholes to the alternate realities or the multiverse.
- Enhanced Strength
- Enhanced Durability: While the induced mass is stored up within his own body, his denser mass offers him limited protection against harm. Although injured, he once survived a close range cannon-blast from a tank.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): As a cadet, all potential members of the Legion undergo personal combat training.
- 88 Appearances of Thom Kallor (Post-Zero Hour)
- 2 Images featuring Thom Kallor (Post-Zero Hour)
- 1 Quotations by or about Thom Kallor (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Thom Kallor (Post-Zero Hour)
- Thom Kallor (Post-Zero Hour) at Wikipedia.org
- A Hero History of Star Boy at Major Spoilers
- Star Boy entry on Legion Wiki
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Legion of Super-Heroes member