As Black Canary contemplates renewing her guise of a member of the criminal fraternity (or sorority), a drug deal is interrupted by a mysterious figure demanding 50% of the profits -- Steelclaw.
Black Canary terrifies some drug dealers, getting them to reveal the location of a deal. Steelclaw appears, demanding to know who's financing the incoming heroin shipment -- so he can demand 75%! Marty Costa is the name, a real estate tycoon, disgruntled that the City won't let him build anything but housing on his land because of zoning by-laws. He plans on making it a low-income project for poor families. Then he plans to flood the neighborhood with drugs to ensure it's collapse, prompting the City to change its position. Costa is unafraid of Mayor Bolt's interference, as he will kidnap Bolt's children at the first sign of resistance Black Canary tries to swoop in, but Steelclaw anesthetizes everyone with a gas from his glove.
Green Arrow confronts the Mayor about Champion, a hero for hire. Mayor Bolt is revealed as posing as criminal mastermind Steelclaw in order to keep the criminal element under control. 
Green Arrow has a run-in with Champion. Black Canary figures out that Steelclaw is Mayor Bolt (due to his use in both identities of the nickname "Brucie" in reference to his son, Bruce).
- Steel Claw: A mechanical glove/claw which can bend steel and emit knockout gas.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Detective Comics #560
- Detective Comics #561
- Detective Comics #562
- Detective Comics #563
- Detective Comics #564
- 6 Appearances of Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Bolt (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Bolt (New Earth)