- The ocean's a pretty big place, buddy. There're things out there you can't even begin to imagine.
- -- Tom Curry src
Thomas Curry is the adoptive father of Orin.
Originally in Silver Age continuity Arthur Curry was the son of a lighthouse keeper named Tom Curry and a woman named Atlanna. Tom's son manifested incredible strength and speed at a young age, as well as the abilities to breathe underwater and talk to fish. On her deathbed, his mother revealed to her son that she is the exiled Queen of Atlantis and he would someday inherit rule of the seven seas. His father gave him an education and taught him to control his powers, eventually allowing him to grow up and become the super-hero Aquaman.
Aquamans origins were changed when the universe was rebooted during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Many years ago, the elderly lighthouse keeper Tom Curry found a blond a child swimming in the ocean. This boy was no other than Prince Orin, abandoned by his Atlantean people and taken care of by the dolphin Porm.
The lighthouse keeper became the boy's friend and mentor, and taught him to speak English. He also gave the boy a name Arthur Curry. One day, the boy returned from a swim in the sea to find his foster father gone. Presumably, he was dead, because he never returned. The boy returned to the sea to wander the oceans, and eventually grew up to become Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 19 Appearances of Thomas Curry (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Thomas Curry (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Thomas Curry (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Curry (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.