Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thomas Doyle was a sports writer working for the Daily Star. When the Daily Star was threatened with a buyout by media giant Morris Burdick, Doyle was outraged by this and planned to save his newspaper by dressing in a red and black costume with a blue cape, complete with a ram's head mask and large red eyes while armed with a trident that fired flame darts, in which he became known as the Printer's Devil in attacking Burdick's media outlet in the hopes that Burdick would think twice about buying a media outlet under siege. Doyle's attacks was put to a stop by Green Arrow and was subsequently sent to jail; however, Doyle's expectations came to being as Burdick abandoned his plans to buy the Star.
A few months later, Doyle (out on bail) came face to face with another individual who took up his identity as the Printer's Devil. His successor had forced Doyle to provide him with a spare costume and weapon, which he used to initiate an attack at the Star City World's Fair. The new Devil "lost a printing contract here when the Fair passed my 'hot type' machines by for faster 'cold type' ones" and he joined others "ruined" by the Fair, Pinball Wizard and Bad Penny, in seeking revenge. The inexperienced Printer's Devil was quickly wrapped in one of Green Arrow's bola arrows and left hanging while the rest of the troupe was brought to justice.
- This version of Thomas Doyle (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- A printer's devil was an apprentice in a printing establishment who performed a number of tasks, such as mixing tubs of ink and fetching type.
- 3 Appearances of Thomas Doyle (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Thomas Doyle (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Doyle (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Doyle (Earth-One)
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."