Thomas Kalmaku was a young Inuit engineer at Ferris Aircraft, also the employer of test pilot Hal Jordan. For a while, he was nicknamed "Pieface" (see below), however this has not been used for some time. He had a girlfriend named Tegra. They later married and had a son and a daughter but later separated from his wife.
Kalmaku was one of the few people who knew Hal Jordan's secret, and kept a journal of Green Lantern's adventures. He often assisted the hero, or required rescuing. Hal had considered him as a replacement Green Lantern for Sector 2814, and the Guardians of the Universe even offered him a Green Lantern Ring (which he declined, famously saying "naw").
Kalmaku was revealed to be one of the "Chosen" who formed the New Guardians. He had the superpower to bring out the best in people. However, he decided to leave the New Guardians to be with his family. He loses his powers when he leaves the team.
This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom finally found a way to erase his nemesis the Flash without harming his own legacy.
The Flash's changes to reality created a new world where people lives had significantly changed. In this new world, Thomas Kalmaku is still Hal Jordan's friend and mechanic. Kalmaku was involved in the inspection of an alien Abin Sur's crashed spacecraft, Kalmaku and Hector Hammond study the spaceship's stealth technology. After Hal Jordan's death, Kalmaku gives Carol Ferris a gift from Hal telling her he always loved her.
Former Powers: Thomas Kalmaku was enhanced by the Guardians and given the power to "bring out the best in people." When he leaves the team he shows no further signs of any powers.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Thomas Kalmaku was an Inuit unfortunately called "Pieface" and despite fan speculation, that comes not from the ice-cream treat Eskimo Pie, but actually comes from American Slang "a person with a round face and a blank expression", according to the 1960 edition of The Dictionary of American Slang. The Character so far has not been depicted in a negative way.
- 184 Appearances of Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Kalmaku (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Thomas Kalmaku. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|