Tommy Moon was the son of James Moon, a full-blooded Cherokee, and his wife. Sadly, his mother died of a fatal disease and his father was killed in a construction accident, leaving him to be raised by neighbors.
However, the children in Stoneville were cruel to Tommy because of the color of his skin. The Elkins decided to move instead to Blue Valley. Here, Tommy was accepted and becomes good friends with Wally West.
Tommy discovered a group of foreign spies operating out of a hunting lodge on the outskirts of town. He became distracted investigating them, even missing school. This worried Mr. Elkin, who thought that perhaps his son might be troubled by more racial prejudice. He called on Wally to investigate. Wally, as Kid Flash, found Tommy, dressed as a Cherokee, entering the hunting lodge, and together they defeated the spies.
Shortly thereafter, Tommy was made a member of the Eta Pi high school fraternity. His schoolmates claimed that it wasn't because of his recent fame from defeating the spies, but that they genuinely liked him, regardless of his ethnicity.
- This version of Thomas Moon (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Thomas Moon (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Thomas Moon (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Moon (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Moon (Earth-One)