Born and raised in Japan, his family moved to the United States in the late twenties. The family struggled during the Depression, eventually leaving Thomas alone with his sister, Nancy. Morita traveled to his parents' homeland to train as a samurai. While he was there, his sister was interred, which fueled his hatred for his adopted homeland. As part of his samurai training, he underwent a mystical process that gave him with the power to transform into animals. After his training was complete, he became an agent for emperor Hirohito.
Three months later, on March 4, 1942, Prince Daka sent him, Tsunami and Sumo the Samurai to steal Starman's Gravity Rod from the All-Star Squadron's headquarters. Guardian stopped them, but Kung escaped.
In 1943, Kung was tasked to kill General Douglas MacArthur in Washington, D.C.. He was stopped by Wonder Woman, but he again escaped, this time hiding in his sister's home in Chinatown. A second attempt to kill MacArthur at the Brooklyn Navy Yard went awry. Forced to save his sister, Morita fell to his apparent death.
Kung survived, and has apprehended by the United States Army. He turned, and returned to Hirohito to convince him to surrender. He failed, and after the deadline ran out, Morita found himself in Hiroshima as it was bombed.
- Animal Transformation: Kung had the ability to transform himself into animal forms through concentration. Among the animals he transformed into were a man-sized insect, a tiger, and a rhinoceros. Kung was able to retain his human intelligence when transformed but reverted back to his human form if he somehow lost his concentration.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 15 Appearances of Thomas Morita (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Thomas Morita (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Morita (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Morita (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."