Thomas was a high school chemistry teacher who, while working with radioactive materials with his student Dan Dunbar, discovered that they could gain atomic powers and great strength by touching. The two used this ability as a crime fighting duo known as T.N.T. and Dyna-Mite.
In 1942, Thomas and Dunbar went to Indian Creek, Colorado to stop Nazi saboteurs from blowing up a dam when Thomas was killed in action by the saboteurs. Arnold Munro came on the scene to stop the saboteurs for good, but was unable to save T.N.T.'s soul from being taken to Valhalla by Gudra the Valkyrie. Dunbar continued on without his partner, believing at first that he could no longer access his superpowers, but learned he could do so by wearing T.N.T.'s dyna-ring along with his own and pressing them together himself.
- TNT Ring
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 28 Appearances of Thomas N. Thomas (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Thomas N. Thomas (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thomas N. Thomas (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thomas N. Thomas (New Earth)
|Seven Soldiers of Victory member|
This character is or was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Seven Soldiers in any of its various incarnations, created during World War II and later, it returned to battle time-traveling, dimension-spanning mysteries and monsters.