The Hangman was a serial killer who began stalking the Board of Directors of Gotham City's infamous "Hangman Club." The Hangman Club was a rehabilitation center for ex-offenders who needed help to find jobs and stay "off the streets" of Gotham.
The Hangman's motive at first, seemed to be about hanging all the Board Members in order to gain monies from the Hangman Club's Treasury. However, it was later discovered that the true motive for killing off the Board Members was to fool the police into thinking that a maniacal killer was on the loose. By hanging his wife, who also served on the board, the Hangman hoped to gain her inheritance.
- Rope and Gas Canister.
- Enemy of Batman and the Elongated Man.
- This version of Thomas Quigley (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Thomas Quigley (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Thomas Quigley (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Thomas Quigley (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Quigley (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."