Thrudvang the Earth Master was a large, genetically engineered elemental created by the Colossus Organization. Councilman Red of Colossus ordered Thrudvang to assist another agent named John Zero, aka, Sabre. They were to locate and apprehend scientist Alec Holland who was believed to also be the mysterious Swamp Thing.
Given to wild bursts of rage, Thrudvang raided a logging camp in Oregon in his quest to find Alec Holland. He eventually encountered Holland as well as his new acquaintence, Ruth Monroe. Ruth tried to defend Holland, but Thrudvang struck her, knocking her out. Holland (whom at this point had regained his human form) baited Thrudvang into chasing him across a rope bridge crossing a chasm. When Thrudvang lunged at him, Holland cut the bridge, sending the giant falling into the McKenzie River Gorge, seemingly to his death. Whether Thrudvang survived the fall or not remains unknown.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Thrudvang (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Thrudvang (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Thrudvang (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Thrudvang (New Earth)
Swamp Thing and is predominantly seen in the Swamp Thing family of titles. This character may be part of the Swamp Thing's supporting cast, a minor acquaintance, or one of his adversaries. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Swamp Thing Characters category.