"The Bargain": Garrod's men regroup after the recent attack from O'Dunne and his men. Amazingly, Garrod's men appear unharmed despite the brutality of the attack.
Appearing in "The Bargain"
- Saffron (Saf)
- Mister O'Dunne
- Mystical belt
- Mystical necklet
Synopsis for "The Bargain"
Garrod's men regroup after the recent attack from O'Dunne and his men. Amazingly, Garrod's men appear unharmed despite the brutality of the attack.
Meanwhile, Larry assumes the shape of Loki and tracks his stepson Jack to Saf's house. He wants the mystical belt back, which he accuses Jack of stealing. Jack panics and puts on the belt, transforming back into Thor. Loki grabs Saf and threatens to kill her unless Thor surrenders the belt. Billy arrives, reaches up, and pulls the necklet from Loki's throat. An electrical discharge erupts and he turns back into Larry. Jack's consciousness forces Thor to remove the belt, thus transforming him back into a young boy. Larry takes Saf and runs off.
Later, Saf is brought before O'Dunne. He reveals to her that he is actually Odin, father of the Asgardian Gods. As per an arrangement with the armies of Christ some 1,500 years ago, the Asgardians have agreed to relinquish their power and remain on Earth as unaging mortals.
While Odin persecutes the scared Saffron, Garrod's men retaliate by firebombing Odin's house.
- This book was first published on April 5, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the Thunderbolt Jaxon trade paperback.
- Billy's comment about the "real Thor" is a reference to the Marvel Comics' version of Thor.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thunderbolt Jaxon Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Thunderbolt Jaxon series
Links and References
- Thunderbolt Jaxon series index at Comicbookb.com
- Thunderbolt Jaxon series index at the Grand Comics Database Project