Sale was raised in Seattle, Washington; where he currently lives. He attended the University of Washington for two years before moving to New York to attend the School of Visual Arts.
Tim Sale is an American comic book artist. He began his career in 1984 working for WaRP Graphics on the title Myth Adventures. His first published work for DC Comics was in 1990 on the Who's Who in the DC Universe title. Later on he worked in titles as Batman; Challengers of the Unknown, Legends of the Dark Knight and many others. He worked in the intercompany crossover Batman vs. Predator with Dark Horse Comics. Sale is best known for his collaborations with writer Jeph Loeb. They created the iconic Batman story Batman: The Long Halloween, that revamped the origins of Two-Face as well as Batman: Dark Victory and Batman: Haunted Knight.
- Sale won the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards for Best Penciller/Inker in 1999.
- Tim Sale is colorblind.
- Tim Sale's Images as a Penciler
- Tim Sale's Images as an Inker
- Tim Sale's Images as a Cover Artist
- Tim Sale's Images as a Colourist
Links and References
- Sale at Official DC Comics Website
- Sale at The Comic Book Database
- Sale at Wikipedia
- "How to Draw Batman like Tim Sale"