Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""Time Is On My Side"": Rip Hunter and the Time Masters establish a new Time Lab in the underground headquarters of geologist Cave Carson. Rip addresses his colleagues and tells them that an Illuminati agent named Adam Weishaupt is planning on assassinating and taking the place of Colonel George
- I heard the Illuminati talking about some kind of "Grail". Said it was a source of power for them. Thought you might need to know if we have to go back further.
- -- Dan Hunter
Appearing in "Time Is On My Side"
- Bat Lash (In a photograph only)
- George Washington
- Jonah Hex (In a photograph only)
- Scalphunter (In a photograph only)
- Laughing Fawn
- Mighty Mole
Synopsis for "Time Is On My Side"
Rip Hunter and the Time Masters establish a new Time Lab in the underground headquarters of geologist Cave Carson. Rip addresses his colleagues and tells them that an Illuminati agent named Adam Weishaupt is planning on assassinating and taking the place of Colonel George Washington in the year 1770. He decides to send Dan Hunter back in time to 18th century Pennsylvania to intercept Weishaupt and prevent Washington's assassination.
Dan uses the Time Pack and arrives in the year 1770. Immediately, he is set upon by Illuminati agents posing as American Indians and captured. He is tied to a tent pole next to frontier fighter Tomahawk. The Illuminati agents set the tent on fire, leaving the two men to burn to death. Dan and Tomahawk break free and escape the blaze. Tomahawk knows Colonel Washington and brings Dan to Washington's camp to meet him. Hunter tells Washington about the potential threat to his life.
Later, Dan and Tomahawk learn that the disguised Illuminati agents are planning to strike at Washington's camp at nightfall. Tomahawk has his Native American ally Laughing Fawn rally her people together to fight the false Indians. During the conflict, Dan jumps on one of the men and beats him for information about the ambush against Washington. He also learns that the Illuminati are searching for the Holy Grail.
Hunter gets the news back to Colonel Washington, but doesn't realize that he is actually speaking to Adam Wesihaupt. He then radios Rip Hunter and tells him that he likes the 18th century, and doesn't intend on returning home.
Back in the 20th century, Booster Gold and Animal Man arrive at the new Time Lab to borrow some of Rip's time travel technology. Rip loans them one of his spare Time Packs. After they leave, Rip talks to Tony. He tells her that he needs to use her for a time trip to recover the Holy Grail.
- This issue gives special thanks to historical adviser William Messner-Loebs.
- This issue establishes that Dan Hunter is the counterpart to the original Golden Age Earth-One Dan Hunter who once adventured as Tomahawk's sidekick and a member of Tomahawk's Rangers.
- Tomahawk's appearance in this issue is an updated New-Earth story of his historical first appearance from Star-Spangled Comics #69.
- The title to this issue, "Time Is On My Side", is taken from a 1963 song written by Norman Meade, and later popularized by the Rolling Stones.
- The song that Corky Baxter is playing on his radio is "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow... When I Can't Even Smile Today" by Suicidal Tendencies.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Time Masters Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Time Masters series
- Images from Time Masters Vol 1 4
Links and References
- Time Masters series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Time Masters series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Time Masters series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Rip Hunter article at Wikipedia
- Rip Hunter article at Toonopedia
- Rip Hunter profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Rip Hunter index
- Rip Hunter fan site