Timmy Tinkle is the robotic friend of of Captain Marvel. The head of WHIZ Radio, Sterling Morris, placed a wanted advert in the newspaper for a new employee; to Mr. Morris' surprise, a robot enters his office to apply for the position. The robotic man, called Timmy Tinkle, was created by the brilliant engineer Ivan Derook. Derook released the robot from his services so that it could have its freedom and get a job. After a series of robberies, Captain Marvel caught the robot breaking into a safe.
Captain Marvel believed that the robot had gone bad and beat the robot into submission. While dismantling the mechanical man, Marvel discovered a remote control device inside the robot and decided to leave it in place to find who is controlling him.
Captain Marvel followed the robot back to Derook's laboratory where he discovered that Ivan Derook had been using the robot to commit robberies. Captain Marvel took down Ivan Derook and disconnected the controller, freeing the robot. Timmy Tinkle, now with free will, continued his job at WHIZ.
- This version of Timmy Tinkle, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Appearances of Timmy Tinkle (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Timmy Tinkle (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Timmy Tinkle (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Timmy Tinkle (Earth-S)