Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
Titano was once a normal, though extremely intelligent, chimpanzee named Toto. Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane befriended Toto at a charity bazaar when she cleaned some misplaced pie from his face, accidentally thrown at him by a slapstick comic.
Toto was then selected to participate in an experimental space rocket mission scheduled to span an entire week. While in space, a Kryptonite meteor collided with a passing Uranium meteor and the radiation from the combined elements washed across the space capsule, altering Toto's genetic structure. The space capsule returned to Earth, and Toto was seemingly unaffected by the radiation. Moments after exiting the capsule however, his size and strength grew to epic proportions. Lois Lane was present, covering the story of the space capsule landing, and Toto recognized her. As an act of affection, Toto scooped Lois into his paw and took off with her. It was at this point that Lois gave him the name of Titano. Titano began stalking through the streets of Metropolis with Lois in hand, inadvertently causing a considerable amount of property damage. Clark Kent, fearing for Lois' safety, changed to Superman and engaged Titano in combat. Much to the Man of Steel's lament, he learned that the radiation had given Titano another super-power - Kryptonite vision. Unable to withstand the effects of the Kryptonite, Superman had to back down. Lois came up with an ambitious plan to halt Titano's childlike rampage. Recalling the chimp's tendency to imitate the actions of humans, she manipulated Titano into donning a pair of over-sized lead-lined eyeglasses. Now Superman could deal with him without fearing the effects of Titano's Kryptonite vision. Superman hurled Titano into the timestream where he arrived in Earth's prehistoric past. 
- Kryptonite Vision: Exposure to Kryptonite radiation gave Titano the ability to project blasts of concentrated Kryptonite energy from his eyes.
- Superhuman Strength: Titano possessed superhuman strength many times greater than a normal human being. In combination with his tremendous size, Titano's strength was sufficient enough to challenge even Superman.
- This version of Titano (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The story of Titano is a pastiche of the character King Kong from the eponymous 1933 film.
- 22 Appearances of Titano (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Titano (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Titano (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Titano (Earth-One)
- Titano at dccomics.com
- Titano at Wikipedia.org
- Titano at DC Indexes
- Titano at DCU Guide
- Titano at Supermanica
- Titano at Comicbookdb.com
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XXIV
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."