"Deathtrap (Part IV)": Having taken possession of another man, Jericho enters the Hamilton Grande Hotel. He explains to the crowd that he is holding a bio-print trigger. So long as his thumb remains pressed upon it, the elevators are rigged to explode. However, if h
Appearing in "Deathtrap (Part IV)"
Synopsis for "Deathtrap (Part IV)"
Having taken possession of another man, Jericho enters the Hamilton Grande Hotel. He explains to the crowd that he is holding a bio-print trigger. So long as his thumb remains pressed upon it, the elevators are rigged to explode. However, if he lets go of the trigger, the entire hotel will explode. Using a cell phone, he transmits a message to a news outlet, demanding that both the Titans and the Teen Titans should meet him to do battle. To prove that he is not joking, Jericho kills one of the hostages in cold blood.
As he demanded, both the Titans and the Teen Titans show up to take him. Flash is the first to arrive, but when he gets to the ballroom, he finds that Jericho has strapped all of the hostages down with explosives. Even with his super-speed, there is no way he could free the hostages without detonating the bombs. Eddie Bloomberg tries to speak to one of the hostages, but Jericho shoots him in the head.
The only one who can seem to get through to Jericho is his sister, Rose. Rose manages to get in close and closes her hand about Jericho's dead man's switch. She reminds him that even if the Titans die, Jericho will die as well. Jericho quickly dons a pair of telescopic goggles and races towards the window. He leaps out just as the bombs explode.
Jericho's soul leaps into the body of a captured police officer whom he had tied to a chair with his eyes forced open in a building across the street. The telescopic goggles enabled Jericho to make eye contact so he could move. Leaving this surrogate body, he kills the captured officer and goes on his way.
News crews surround the burning building, but it does not appear as if anyone has survived.
Jericho's mind is a swirl of emotions. He is disgusted by what he has done, but he is also proud - swearing that he will become an even greater assassin than his father Deathstroke. As if in answer to Jericho's hallucinations, the real Deathstroke appears before him.
- This book was first published on May 13, 2009.
- Issue shipped on May 13th, 2009.
- This issue is chapter four of "Deathtrap" story-arc. Story continued from Teen Titans (Volume 3) #70 and continues in Vigilante (Volume 3) #6.
- Jericho kidnapped a police officer and tied him down, forcing his eyes open in the opening scene from Teen Titans (Volume 3) #70.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Titans Vol 2 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Titans series
- Images from Titans Vol 2 13
Links and References
- Titans (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Titans (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database