|Real Name||Clara Kendall|
|Current Alias||Tomorrow Woman|
|Relatives||Professor Ivo (creator/ "father"), T. O. Morrow (creator/ "father"), Red Tornado ("brother"), Red Volcano ("brother"; deceased), Red Inferno ("brother"; deceased), Red Torpedo ("sister"; deceased, Amazo ("brother"), Kid Amazo ("nephew")|
|Affiliation||Justice League of America|
|Place of Birth||Ivo's Lab|
|Creators||Grant Morrison, Howard Porter|
Tomorrow Woman was one of the many superpowered androids created by Professor Ivo and his scientific colleague Professor T. O. Morrow. She was created as a Trojan Horse sent to destroy the newly formed Justice League. The scientist provided her with a four lobed brain which allowed her vast telepathic and telekentic abilities. However her true purpose was that of a living bomb designed to go off at a specified moment and kill the entire Justice League. Tomorrow Woman learned the truth of her origin and cancelled out her programming discovering the concept of freedom, which her creators forgot to provide in her programming for obvious reasons. She sacrificed herself in order to stop a futuristic war machine by triggering an EMP bomb located in her body, which was originally intended to wipe the brains of the Justice League.
It was revealed that T. O. Morrow had seen this coming and was thrilled by it all he cared about was his creation was working. Professor Ivo thought that the body he had made, which was realistic enough to fool even Superman's and the Martian Manhunter's heightened senses. T. O. Morrow proved him wrong however, as the brain he himself had created was sophisticated and human enough to develop her own personality and feelings, and turned against her creators. After Tomorrow Woman's destruction, she was immortalized as a statue that was erected in the Garden of Heroes.
However, Tomorrow Woman would not remain dead when the result of a botched magical ritual conducted by Morgaine le Fey allowed the android to be resurrected in an alternate timeline where she acted as the new "Wonder Woman" and as a member of an alternate Justice Society called the Justice Society International, and is given a civilian identity of GBS TV reporter Clara Kendall. She was not aware of her robotic nature until the Dreambound member Trans-Volitional Man used his reality-warping powers on her. Tomorrow Woman was shocked by this revelation, but even more so that she was partially responsible for the violent shifts threatening Earth at the time. However, she eventually overcome her real identity and helped Earth's heroes in shutting down violent warps that were appearing throughout the world, and fighting against the Dark Arcana, while knowing that she would fade upon the restructuring of reality.
However, Tomorrow Woman survived from fading into oblivion due to the power of the divinely-empowered Trinity. As a result, she is reborn as a actual human being as Clara Kendall.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Telepathy: her telepathy allows her to read minds and project her thoughts into the minds of others. She can free people from psionic possession and purify corrupted minds when a virus caused children around the world to become homicidal.
- Precognition: She also has some form of limited precognition, as shown when she foresaw her own death.
- Telekinesis: Her telekinetic power level is high enough to psionically lift objects as large and heavy as automobiles into the air with minimal effort.
- Psionic Blasts: She can fire bolts of telekinetic energy that at their lowest level can stun a person, and at their highest can shatter steel.
- Flight: She can fly by lifting herself into the air
- Superhuman Strength: As a robot she is super-humanly strong and possesses beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Speed: As a robot she can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: Tomorrow Woman's body is composed of an known metallic substance. This material makes her durable to most attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Tomorrow Woman can exert itself well beyond the human l imit as long as she has sufficient power.
- Superhuman Agility: Tomorrow Woman's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Computer Interface: Tomorrow Woman can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Superhuman Intelligence: Tomorrow Woman is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Audio Sensitivity: Tomorrow Woman can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where she can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: Tomorrow Woman is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: Tomorrow Woman is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create her own.
- EMP: Tomorrow Woman can also generate electromagnetic pulses by mentally manipulating the Earth's geomagnetic field.
- 7 Appearances of Tomorrow Woman (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Tomorrow Woman (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Tomorrow Woman (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tomorrow Woman (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.