Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Toshio Eto was a professor of history in Japan. One day, the Gods of New Genesis imbued him with superhuman powers in the hopes that they could use him as an instrument in their never-ending battle against Darkseid. Calling himself the Samurai, Toshio had the ability to create a powerful whirlwind that surrounded the lower half of his body, providing him with increased locomotion and speed. He could use this whirlwind to propel himself through the air for directional flight. Toshio used these powers in the service of mankind and later became a member of the Super Friends. At first, his career was spent fighting against Lex Luthor's Legion of Doom, but later he and his colleagues committed themselves to combating Darkseid.
- This version of Samurai is exclusive to the continuity of the Super Friends animated television series. However, an Earth-One counterpart to the Samurai made a cameo appearance in Super Powers (Volume 3).
- The Samurai usually relied upon a spoken mantra in order to activate his powers. The most commonly used phrase was "Kaze no Yō ni Hayaku!" ("[go] fast like the wind!")
- Samurai was voiced by Jack Angel.
- 11 Appearances of Toshio Eto (Super Friends)
- 1 Images featuring Toshio Eto (Super Friends)
- Quotations by or about Toshio Eto (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Toshio Eto (Super Friends)