This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
Hiro Okamura, is a teenage mechanical genius from Japan. He targets Metallo, claiming the cyborg's body was based on a material stolen from his grandfather. Hiro later becomes an ally to Superman and Batman in destroying a kryptonite meteor that threatens the Earth by building a giant Composite Batman-Superman robot.
Okamura fakes his own kidnapping at the hands of the original Toyman, Winslow Schott, forcing Superboy and Robin to search through his complex to save his life. Realizing his loneliness, Superboy and Robin extend their friendship to the boy. Okamura joins Robin and the other Teen Titans at Titans Tower for Superboy's funeral, clutching a Superboy action figure.
Okamura later offers to assist Batman and Superman in their quest to rid the world of Kryptonite, using spider-like nanobots to collect Kryptonite molecules in the air. But the duo refuse for his help. His offer becomes a necessity as Lana Lang, in a last-ditch effort to get rid of Kryptonians and keep LexCorp afloat, turns a set of Kryptonite caches into "dirty bombs", which irradiate the entire planet. Hiro comes to the rescue, settling for a Power Girl-bot to "date". Instead, he gets his dream date, a dinner in Paris with the real Kara, and the status of honorary member of the Justice League.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Genius Level Intellect: He is a noted genius who has shown to be able to create many technological advances which is whimsically inspired by many anime, manga, and super hero influences. He is easily one of the top mortal minds on the planet. With one of the highest IQ's reported on the planet; Toyman specializes in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and computer programming.
- Mechanical Aptitude: He is an excellent engineer able to fix most machinery, most giant robots and computer hardware.
Hiro Okamura has a minimum strength level capable of lifting less than his own body weight. He engages in minimal physical exercise due to all his time spent on computers and because of his relatively young age.
Hiro has many gadgets that he travels and carries around with him. These items are kept in a bag of which it's contents are not exactly known.
He has been seen using a jet-pack and rocket boots.
- The original Toyman, Winslow Schott at one point numbered an android version of Hiro among several other androids he had created which had apparently used the Toyman name. The implication appeared to be that Hiro had never really existed, though this may have been a deception on Schott's part.
- Hiro's most notable gigantic robot is a Superman/Batman mobile suit.
- The story of the Metallo alloy being a creation of his grandfather's is a nod to the anime and manga series Mazinger-Z, whose main protagonist, Kouji Kabuto, had his grandfather who developed the metal alloy that is armed on the titular robot and later iterations.
- Toyman has an IQ level of 210.
- Started building giant robots at the age of 7.
- 8 Appearances of Hiro Okamura (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Hiro Okamura (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Hiro Okamura (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hiro Okamura (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Superman Family member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.