Travis Morgan, the Warlord is a former combat-trained pilot for the United States Air Force who accidentally crash-landed in the strange land of Skartaris, a world of swords, sorcery and dinosaurs, where he was forced to begin a new life for his own survival.
As the Warlord, Morgan travels Skartaris adventuring and righting wrongs. His companions include his beautiful barbarian wife Tara, his best friend, the warrior King Machiste, Mariah, a Russian fencing champion, Shakira, a feline shapeshifter, and his daughter Jennifer Morgan, a sorceress.
Originally, Warlord's greatest nemesis was the evil sorcerer Deimos, whom he killed shortly after their first meeting. Although Deimos rose from the dead several times to plague Morgan again, he was finally killed permanently when Warlord hunted him down after he had been stripped of his powers. Deimos is responsible for causing Morgan to believe he had killed his own son Joshua, although it was a clone, and Morgan's legitimate son lives on under the name Tinder.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Survival Training
- Tactical Analysis
- Formerly SR-71 Blackbird
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Travis Morgan is a veteran of the Vietnam War.
- Travis was a Lt Colonel in the USAF, serial number RF16966107.
- He flew jets over Vietnam and later flew an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane over Russia. It was on a photo mission over Siberia that his disabled plane soared over the Terminator (edge of the world) into inner world of Skartaris.
- Morgan is also the reincarnation of several well-known characters throughout history. In past lives he has been Sir Lancelot, D'artagnan of the Three Musketeers, Jim Bowie, and Crazy Horse along with many others, most commonly warriors or soldiers.
- Travis Morgan bears a striking resemblance to Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow. During Grell's run on Green Arrow, Travis Morgan shows up in Seattle and the two of them meet. After being attacked on sight by half of the Seattle underworld population (all of whom mistake him for Green Arrow), Morgan shows up at Oliver's house and declares, "Whatever you've been doing to piss these people off... cut it out!!" Finally appearing on-panel together, Grell illustrates that while there is an uncanny resemblance, Travis Morgan is significantly taller than Oliver Queen, and seemingly several years older. When Aquaman accidentally passes through a dimensional portal that leads to Skartaris, he meets Travis Morgan and mistakes him for Oliver back from the dead (this was after Oliver had been killed by a terrorist's bomb, and before he was resurrected by Hal Jordan). During Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run, during the "Quiver" story arc, Deadman pokes fun at the resemblance as well.
- 182 Appearances of Travis Morgan (New Earth)
- 53 Images featuring Travis Morgan (New Earth)
- 37 Quotations by or about Travis Morgan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Travis Morgan (New Earth)
- Warlord at dccomics.com
- Warlord (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Lost World of the Warlord Index
- Warlord at the DCU Guide
- Warlord at Fanzing
- Warlord Reading Guide at Fanzing
- Warlord at Toonopedia
- Warlord at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Warlord at TV Tropes
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Supporting||Tara Morgan | Machiste | Mariah Romanova | Shakira | Jennifer Morgan | Aram Al Ashir | Tinder | Aton | Mikola Rostov | Deimos|
|Volumes||1st Issue Special | Warlord (Volume 1) | Warlord (Volume 2) | Warlord (Volume 3) | Warlord (Volume 4)|
|Miscellaneous||Skartaris | Shamballah | Kiro | Thera | Warlord's Sword | Warlord's Plane | Wizard World | Dinosaurs | Mike Grell | Dan Jurgens | Professor Lakely | Green Arrow | Cover Art Gallery | List of External Warlord Links|
|This box: view • talk • edit|